Lidle Leyland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Jonny - I believe from the title of the thread that the car park belongs to Lidl?

You might have seen my own thread about LDK Security who act on behalf of Lidl at a store local to me. We have not only written to the car parking company but also to Lidl themselves as owners of the land and therefore (in our opinion) responsible for the activities of their agents. Although some distance from receiving a satisfactory response from the car parking company as yet, I do know that Lidl have responded to say that they are looking into the matter.

Corporate image being what it is, have you pursued it with the store at all? They would surely want to be accommodating towards their disabled customers wouldn't they?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no day in court with these people, there nothing but thugs, doormen in disguise, i damm anyone who works for them or associates with them, they go to there day to day thug business with the blessing of the authorities, but remember, we can all be a law unto ourselves until we get caught....

Sorry to say this but I directed you in detail and pointed you to a document telling you exactly how to avoid this and what to do.

All you had to do was stick to your guns.

These vultures profit because people don't have the stomach for it but when people won't help themselves I have little sympathy.

P

Johnny

Pete started a brilliant thread detailing the situation with private car parking.

As soon as the the debt is passed to the decet collecter the correct thing to do is to write stating that the matter is in dispute. At that stage the company are duty bound not deal with the matter further and hand the file back to the car parking company.

They have only two legal options. a) drop the case or 2) take the case to court.

Pete, in all fairness i wrote them a dammin letter with all the advice you told me, quoting all the acts etc, they took no notice of it and still sent out the invoice, and howard, they know not of legal options, when the thugs are outside the front door demanding money what should i do, start quoting acts of parliment to them, the crunch came when the police wanted nowt to do with it, thats what really pissed me off...:mad:

Johnny,

At this stage the police would not get involved as it is entirely a civil matter. But should they pass it on to a DCA and start sending people round without an order from the court then it becomes a totally different ball game. It is unlikely they would turn up on your doorstep, but they would just write to you. As soon as they do, you write back, don't acknowledge the debt and point out the matter is in dispute. They will have no option but to refer it back to where they got it from.

If they turn up on the door, just refuse to open it, then get on the phone and dial 999 and state to the police that there are suspects at the door attempting to force entry now. They will treat it with a high priority and despatch units immediately. Reinforce it by telling them you feel very vulnerable and you are distressed. When the police turn up, no doubt the DCA will try and smooth things over and make wild claims, but the upshot of it is that without a court order they are totally powerless. You would make it clear to the DCA that the debt is in dispute because you deny that you are liable and in front of police you could tell them that if they come round again, you will make a formal allegation of harassment against them.

I would be very surprised if it even came to them knocking on your door. They know damn well they have no power without a county court order to come a knocking. Their threats are worthless and they know it. They rely on using scare tactics, which unfortunately have worked on you, but its not too late. Cancel the cheque and tell them to stuff it.

PS They will ignore your letter, its the way they operate but they know damn well that the content of yuour letter is correct and if they took you to court they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Pete, in all fairness i wrote them a dammin letter with all the advice you told me, quoting all the acts etc, they took no notice of it and still sent out the invoice, and howard, they know not of legal options, when the thugs are outside the front door demanding money what should i do, start quoting acts of parliment to them, the crunch came when the police wanted nowt to do with it, thats what really pissed me off...:mad:

I don't want you to get stung with this so if you send me your contact number and I'll give you a ring and see if we can rescue this situation.

I'll be in after nine so you'll need to be free for a late phone call.

If that's any use to you then PM or email me and I'll pick it up when I get back from the office. I have a theory we could sue them for the return of your money, if you have the stomach for that I'd come to an arrangement with you as regards the court fee.

Pete

Cheeky blighters! Note they say they will pass on the debt to bailiffs AFTER getting a county court judgement in their favour, though I seriously doubt their chances of getting a judgement against the registered keeper rather than the driver. Using their flawed logic in other situations, anyone who lends their car to another person and that person then uses it in the commission of an armed robbery would therefore be guilty of the robbery!

Secondly, on the issue of towing the car if parked on properties they manage, I would strongly suspect that they would need a court order before they could take such action.

They really do try it on with the scare tactics. The more people who are empowered about the antics of these cowboys and fight them, the better!

And more nonsense from them here on their appeals page!

Parking Penalty

I was laughing at the poor grammar, spelling, etc. on what is meant to be a business website - but yegods - I stopped laughing, started reading, and sat there with my mouth open. County Court Summons? If you have an 'outstanding fine' and use a car park that they operate out of they'll 'tow and impound' the vehicle?!

I'd like to see them bluddy try! How do they get away with this when they themselves are advertising their illegality for all to see?

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

And if your watching this is just the tip of the feckin iceburge, i have access too soooo much info, be worried...;) ime fighting your two bit operation from all levels, including my mate lindsey hoyle mp from the north west,the chorley citizen, i wont stop until i have peace in my heart to rid the earth from ****** leeches like them....:(

I think you need to keep on at the police. They always say it's a civil matter the first time, but it's not. It's an offence because they have passed the ticket off as official, and have used deception to induce payment.

Ask the company to justify using a black and white chequered border on their ticket: what is this supposed to represent? It's hardly the internationally recognised symbol of an invoice for parking on private land. It can be intended to imply only one meaning: a police ticket.

Definitely cancel the cheque if there is still time. There is no way that money is owed: if you held a disbaled badge then you complied with the sign regardless of whether it was displayed. Council or police parking rules regarding display of badges do NOT apply to private parking companies.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Johnny and I have an accord.

After a conversation last night Johnny and I agreed that the hassle of cancelling the cheque was not needed.

Instead Johnny will be writing a letter to the vultures outlining the legal position and requiring the funds be returned. The parking co will be given a deadline.

Naturally as the funds are not being paid with regard to a lawful debt the parking company will have no right to keep them.

Should the parking company fail to refund the monies then a letter before action will be sent and they will be set a deadline to pay.

Should the parking co fail to pay then a claim will be made against them with MCOL.

Let's have some fun with these morons... If this goes to court then some publicity would be a good idea. Can anyone assist?

I can understand that course action. It will be interesting to see if they defend this case.

As an add on I would at the same time as you write your first letter to the car parking company write to Lidle and complain about the actions of this company (which they must have a contract with).

Tell them that you will taking legal action to recover the debt and send them a copy of your letter.

Please do not mark any letter "without prejudice". You want full open corresodence that you can place nicely in your court bundle (if it comes to that).

I would be very interested to see of Lidle will respond to you.

Good luck

Thx Howard, as anyone got any more ideas on how to 123 this?

I'm covering the night rota over the weekend but I'll get drafting in the week and we'll have a nice little letter good to go by the end of it.

I wrote to the management of the retail park today, after speaking to them on the phone, they told me they don't make any money from it and it was nowt to do with them, so i sent them a letter asking did they appoint the clamping clowns and that i intend to sue....;)

Hah, of course they have 'something to do with it', their company obviously either owns the land or at the very least has an agreement with the clamping firm that allows them to operate there... do they think we're stupid? :rolleyes:

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Hah, of course they have 'something to do with it', their company obviously either owns the land or at the very least has an agreement with the clamping firm that allows them to operate there... do they think we're stupid? :rolleyes:

Not necessarily, they may themselves only rent the store space, and neither rent nor control the car park.