Help! Unsure what happens next

natandgaz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have made a claim against Barclays. They have refused to pay. Claim has now gone to local small claims court and a date has been set for mid March. Can anyone tells me what happens next? Shall I call or write to Barclays to see if they want to settle out of court? Or do I wait for them to contact me?

Thanks.

What will happen if Barclays don't settle? Will I have to go to court and what will happen when I do?

They do take it to the wire. Just make sure you get your bundle off to them and into court on-time so they know you're still serious. They're banking (if you pardon the pun) on you losing your nerve or messing up procedurally, so don't let that happen.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

The basic court bundle is here:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Basically it needs to reach the court AND Barclays 14 days before the hearing. You need to make 3 copies - 1 for you, 1 for the court, 1 for Barclays. Post the one to Barclays in time to get there 14 days before (but no need to send it any earlier) and get the court's copy in by the same deadline.

If your date is mid-March I'd get cracking on it now.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Most County Court hearings take place in a small office known as District Judge's Chambers- it is not a Court room like you see on TV. You need to file any and all papers upon which you intend to rely on at the hearing, and a list of any witnesses you intends to call, not later than 14 days before the hearing.Make sure you get something from the Court office to confirm you have filed it.You can also asak the Court for a County Court leaflet which will explain what happens when you go to court. Small claims are entirely different to criminal trials.

Many thanks!! Does anyone has the address of the legal team at Barclays who I send the info to?

Litigation and disputes

Level 29

One Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP.

Make sure that your claim number and the party names are clearly marked on the front of the bundle.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!