standard pi$$off letter???

timinio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm using Halifax action group for my repayment charges but my partner has asked me to help out with Her Nat West Account.We had our 6 years statements within a week,then sent our first letter asking for our money.Nat West claim "our charges are fair,reasonable and transparent.......and will not be refunding any charges applied to your Bank account".Is this a standard letter? and should I now sent the second with threatened court action or wait until after May 31st to respond?? (letter below)

Mrsxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx ^ NatWest

10 May 2006

Dear xxxxxx xxxxxx ----------- ----------

Thank you for your letter of 9 May 2006 and I apologise for any dissatisfaction caused by the application of charges to your account.

We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent. We consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with us and our published tariff, which we are satisfied, complies with all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give to our customers about the operation of our products.

The OFT has been in contact with us and with seven other major credit card companies to discuss the level of charges on credit cards. It is important that I emphasise these discussions were limited to charges on credit cards only. We will be considering the detailed statement made on 5 April by the OFT on credit card administration charges and we have until 31 May to respond.

Consequently, against that background, we must differ with the views you have expressed and will not be refunding any of the charges applied to your bank account.

I am disappointed to note that you are contemplating legal action against the bank. Whilst I hope you will feel able to reconsider, should you decide to go ahead, please ensure that any Proceedings are served on our Registered Office address, which appears at the foot of this letter.

I suspect that this is unlikely to be the answer you might have hoped to receive but nonetheless thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Stuart Higley Customer Relations

National Westminster Bank

Yes this is a standard letter. You can now send the LBA as they have responded to your prelim request for a refund.

I wonder how much Mr Higley gets paid for printing off template letters and signing them all day....

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Thats the letter I received from them, Stuart Higley also. I then sent the LBA which they also rejected so I'm now using MoneyClaim online, 26 days and counting!

What state were your statements in when they arrived? Good luck in your claim!

>>Thats the letter I received from them, Stuart Higley also. I then sent the LBA which they also rejected so I'm now using MoneyClaim online, 26 days and counting!

What state were your statements in when they arrived? Good luck in your claim!

They were in a torn brown envelope,thrown together with an apology from Royal Mail for the condition!!..Ive read this isn't the first time..was yours the same??

...maybe Mr Stuart Higley not only signs them but also gets release for his stress afterwards :)

...well at least he's a real person ..because someone on my Halifax action group threatened to take Mr Gary Kettle to court (as he signs the "you've been charged documents")...turns out He is a computer generated person!!!

...on a further note:Someone who works at Nat West told me all the billing deductions are automated computer transactions!

I wrote to Stuart Higley to complain about the fact the bank statements were hanging out for all to see! He wrote back to apologise and tell me that mine was the first such complaint he had recieved! Seems strange? Perhaps you could write to tell him that there are atleast two of us!

Good luck in your actions!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=50703&postcount=11

Seems that the standard letter isn't limited to Mr Higley. Although there are variations, great chunks seem to be exactly the same. Hope the link works. If not it's in my thread in this forum 'Any Thoughts and Views Welcome', entry 11.

Cheers

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks