credit agreement ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have posted this thread in currys forum but it is ageneral issue also.

hello all, first of all what an excellent resource for consumers, ive just spend 3 hours reading threads.

apologies my pound sign does not work on keyboard!!!!

went to currys today to buy plasma tv and accessories, wanted to put 500quid down as payment and use the 5 month interest free option for remaining 624 quid(would of paid off within 2-3months),

when i asked for discount the salesmen said yes 10% but only if i take out a different agreement for the credit ie 48 monthly payments of 35 pound with a total charge of 1712 quid, (before deposit) also telling me that i can pay the total amount back remaing at any point ie within the 2-3 months of taking out the agreement, (which was my plan), when he processed the the application he forgot to include the 500 quid i wanted to pay so the credit agreement was for the total amount and he said dont worry i should contact hfc next week and arrange the 500 payment over the phone.

now i have actually got a bargain on the goods but im now worried that i will not be able to pay off the total of 1124 without a penalty from hfc

i can actually pay this off within a month if needs be and if im right should not attract any interest or penaltys, is this correct?

i took this agreement out for the discount. now i feel i might of been slightly cheated by getting into an agreement that i was not really informed of ie key facts, he didnt even tell me the loan repayments, total ammount repayable was just intested in usual things like ppi and goods warrantys etc i dont feel like i was mis-informed just not informed.

can i pay this back before the first payment is due and not incure any fees?, i havent recieved the tv yet just some speakers so i can cancel right, please help with this matter as i dont really know my position and rights

many thanks in advance

bullet