first time poster - should I go ahead??

sandra.d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm new to this, though have been looking around the site for a while my dilemma is as follows;

I'm currently beginning (1st payment due 1st March) DMP with cccs all my debts (1 loan 1cc + od) with HSBC. I have prepared a schedule of charges and letter to reclaim my charges of £2101.50 from HSBC, if successful I'm happy for this to be paid into the current account 'cause it will clear the o/d + leave £500 ish to throw at the other 2. My hesitation to send it is because as far as I am aware they have not yet accepted the DMP (kept them fully informed and sent good will payments for this month - this is the first month I defaulted)!! MY MAIN CONCERN IS, IN VIEW OF THE FACT THAT CCCS WILL ASK THEM, ON MY BEHALF, TO FREEZE ALL INTEREST, (the loan balance includes the interest anyway and that will still be fully repaid via the dmp - but it will affect the cc - I'm not making a claim against that!) WOULD THIS UPSET HSBC FURTHER AND MEAN THEY MAY NOT ACCEPT MY DMP AT ALL!! IS THIS UNETHICAL (don't know if thats a real word??) OF ME?? Sorry for the long - confusing (!!) post! ANY ADVICE WARMLY APPRECIATED!!!

Go for it. Claiming ilegal charges on your bank account is totally seperate to CCCS. It's money that has been taken from you ilegally and shouldn't affect your CCCS.

That said I'm newish to this too, there's a great poster on this board called: lateralus vbmenu_register("postmenu_570506", true); PM them and ask for advice...

(sorry lateralus you're just god damn helpful).

Mat Lloyd

• Haha 1

I'm in the same boat. I've got my first CCCS payment due at the beginning of march. I have just switched bank accounts, with my old account being with Abbey.

My Abbey account has a 10k overdraft facility, which is up to the max. CCCS said I must include it in my DMP, so it's been included and Abbey I presume have had a letter to the effect that I will be paying an amount per month to clear the overdraft.

This must have confused them a little, as the overdraft is still active and the account is open, and they haven't asked me to repay it, etc.

I'm currently re-claiming charges from Abbey of around £9k. I'd like to make sure I can get this back as a cheque and not just paid into my account, else it'll get cancelled out by the then-frozen overdraft...

I'll keep any eye here and if I get any info for you I'll let you know.

James

The whole point of claiming back what the bank has taken is they aren’t charges they are penalties and those are unlawful... so get your own money back plus interest from when they got the benefit of your funds.. thieving bastuards…

pete

• Haha 1