Sandbag V Barclays Round 2

sandbag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - having just won m first claim against Barclays i have now decided to claim back the more recent charges that they have taken from my account - i have all my statements ( first lesson learnt) and i calculate that they have taken £300 over tha last couple of months. New bank account being set up as Barclays may close my account now.

Cheers Sandbag,

Hi Sandbag!

All the best for round 2. My court date is April 20th so i expect an out of court settlement a week or so prior to that. Once all is sorted, I also wish to start a second claim, as the swines have taken £100 from me since filing my MCOL. Why sit back and let them munch away at our money eh!

Best wishes,

Rich

(hope you have had some happy spending with your first win!)

**WIN** Barclays round 1: £2118.45 - full settlement 18th April 2007 (7 months in total)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all - been a while but i have been waiting for my latest statements - just to make sure that i have included all the charges from October.

Well i have them now and the total is £400 - in only 5 months pheww.

Anyway spreadsheet done and prelim on its way - parachute account underway too.

Cheers Sandbag.

• 2 weeks later...

Typical - No response from Barclays to Prelim - LBA on its way on Monday - with yet another £30 charge for going £5.75 over my £100 overdraft limit!

Will be adding that to my spreadsheet.Grand total now of £410.

Cheers Sandbag.

well done on your first win sands, anyway i will be watching your case as you are at the same stage as me lba off tomorrow, got the standard response to prelim will take 4 weeks to deal with my case blaa blaa blaa so please read our leaflet. somehow i dont think ill be reading it just sending lba please watch for my posts also if you can

Sandbag I dont think they are allowed to close an account in dispute are they ? Also you'd think that there records would say that your serious and have already taken to court once so perhaps they should cut there losses and pay out rather than icurring further intrest and court fees.

Madness

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

hi sands just a quick question if you here anything regarding your lba could you please let me know on my post if you could. As iam at the same stage and this is my first time taking bank to court, dont worry if you cant though just a thought x:?

Hi all - been having a think.Does anyone think it would be worthwhile claiming for charges going back to 1989? Is this a bit of a minefield?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Barclays must owe me a lot from during that time.

Thanks Sandbag.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Kimmy.

Well no response from Barclays to LBA - so its mcol time - i will be filing a claim first thing tomorrow. All for £410!!!

Cheers Sandbag.

tell me about it. gotta to mcol for £345!!! a joke or what. mind you this is my third claim with them ha ha ha

Well - won... sort of! Barclays have paid £390 into my bank account. Its short of court costs and interest. But with my OH being ill and with us trying to move house i will be accepting the offer as i don't need any more stress.

How do i halt court proceedings?

What i will be doing is a soon as OH is better and i am settled in my new house is claiming back charges as far as a can.

Thanks all for your help and support.

Regards Sandbag.