Halifax closed my account - RETALIATORY?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I shall be starting court action tomorrow (Feb 19th) to reclaim my money from Halifax Plc. This is later than it should have been due to personal family reasons.

Anyway, the bank have been constantly charging my account and swallowing up my benefits, at times leaving us with as little as £40 pw to survive on.

So I decided to write a RIGHT OF APPROPRIATION letter and emailed it to them yesterday. My benefits go into my account tomorrow.

I checked my emails this morning to see if they had replied which they had not.

So I signed into my online account with them just to double check that I had used the correct email address for them, which I had.

It was then that I realised that they had removed my account from my portfolio!

I can only think that this is a retaliatory response from them because of the email I sent to them.

I really need advice on this! Please!!

I've just signed back into my online account and now my account is showing in my portfolio!

Does anyone have any idea what Halifax are up to? Because they are certainly confusing me!!

Hi

The Halifax could be up to anything! If you account is showing today, then maybe they have done nothing. Maybe the Halifax were updating the computer and your account didn't show.

Press on with the Court. Give them something Xtra to think about.

The little Xtra 8% from Howard is so sweet.

Hi there!

This used to be a yearly occurance on my account with Halifax, it would then say on my statement `Account Renewed'. It could also be that they were doing maintenance on their systems, because if they do close your account, it will still remain in your portfolio but it will not say `Active', it will say `Closed', but you will still have access to it, just can't draw on it.

So, don't worry, I am sure everything is okay. If they do decide to close your account, I would expect/hope they would inform you in advance.

This used to be a yearly occurance on my account with Halifax, it would then say on my statement `Account Renewed'.

Does anyone know what it means, and why some of the statements show 'Account Renewed' - it shows on a couple of my statements, but no reason given by Haliprats....

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi

I was just reading your post and BOS did the same to me with my benefits. The dept of W and P do not approve of this at all and get mad. I called them and it took a while but they have said if they do not pay up after court then to get in touch with them and they will assist. The money was to feed my daughter not BOS! The judges will also not approve of this and it is very good standing for a fight with the bank. They are stealing from the goverment.

I am off to court tomorrow with 5 accounts with charges worth alot. I hope it all goes well as it is a bit scary. I think all feel the same though. Why should my sister get her charges back with no fight after the 1st letter and I have to wait months since Sept 2006. They have been pussy footing and have also a compensation claim on thier hands for ignoring the SAR request and taking 148 days to get statements to me.

I hope to give the new baby on the way a boost on the savings fund and my daughter what she deserves.

Good luck and will keep an eye on how you get on.

Does anyone know what it means, and why some of the statements show 'Account Renewed' - it shows on a couple of my statements, but no reason given by Haliprats....

Survivor :cool:

It is because they archive all of your account details once a year. You can view last two years accounts online in the statments and letters section but only last twelve months in recent transactions. Saves space on the computer servers.