Charges being queries by FD

richwhit1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Having sent off my list of charges I eventually get a letter back from FD stating that they will be willing to refund approx 75% of the bank charges ONLY that I have incurred. (I'm claiming CI also)

They have stated that they will not refund 1 arrangement fee that I included (this I since believe to be correct but advices would be appreciated) however they will also not be willing to refund Renewal Fees (of which I included 2 of £20 each in my claim).

In addition they state they would not be willing to refund fees beyond 6 years of which I have included 4 as of their letter I recevived dated 14 Feb. My original SAR was dated 26 Nov 2006 in which case these four claims would have been within the 6 year period.

My questions I'm asking for help with are as follows:-

1) Can I reclaim Renewal Fees?

2) With regards to the four fees that I am claiming from 6 years 3 months ago, can I proceed in claiming these as it only came to light that I had incured these fees since I received my statements and thus became aware of them?

3) I'm also claiming Contractual Interest which FD say that are not willing to look at - I know others have successfully claimed CI - so I cannot see any reason as to not proceed with my claim for C.I unless FD can justify otherwise.

Next step I've been told in my letter is to now contact the infamous - but I've read quite fair and understanding to a point! - Robert Kernaghan to escalate my claim. (Hi Robert)

My intentions at present are to proceed with the claim LESS the 1 arrangement fee but include the Renewal Fees and the 4 fees from 6 years ago AND the CI which FD are paying out and be prepared to MCOL, expect the standard letters from DG knowing they will pay out in full approx 1 week before court date thus incurring further costs from FD should they have settled in full at this stage.

Any advices / thoughts would be very much appreciated.

richwhit

Hi all,

Am really after some advice as my first letter back from FD states that Renewal Fees are non-refundable where as my thoughts were that they were.

Has anyone else included Renewal Fees in their claims??

Any advices greatly appreciated.

richwhit

Sorry Rich, haven't come across the Renewal fee one before. They've trired arguing that the Direct Debit Recall fees weren't penalty fees blah blah.

I would go on the chat room and see if anyone there can help or pm a moderator.

Dub

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements recieved 15/1/07 - >£3000 owed

Prelim sent 16.01.07

Partial offer received 01.02.2007

LBA and letter rejecting paltry offer sent 02.02.2007

MCOL filed mid Feb 07

AQ 26th March

BoS - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements received 1.02.2007 - Prelim sent 02.02.2007

Hi Rich

As far as Contractual Interest is concerned I understand you can't claim this until you go to court. The only interest you can claim before then is the interest that the bank charge you on your overdraft and this should be itemised on your statement.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards

Gardenut