JMio Vs MBNA - **SUCCESS**

JMio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DPA Letter sent off about a month ago, reply came with total of £144 - but £72 of that had already been refunded.

Prelim Letter sent off today requesting the remaining £72.00 back.

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

• 2 weeks later...

Standard reply received this morning from MBNA

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"Dear Mr JMio,

Thank you for contacting us.

We will ensure that you receive a full written response within 28 days from the date of receipt of your complaint. I have enclosed a copy of our internal complaint procedure leaflet for your information.

Should you wish to contact us in the meantime, please telephone Gareth tunnicliffe, Customer Advocate, on 01244 672628 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Yours Sincerely

Rachel Claridge

Customer Advocate Office Manager

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Blah Blah Blah.!! LBA Going on on the 14th day.!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Cheers guys!

The MBNA claim was more to pass the time, it's the Clydesdale Bank & Capital One that I'm DESPERATE to inflict a bit of redemption on for the years of hassle, grief & financial trauma those b@stards gave me!!

If nothing else, the money I get back (and I WILL, get it back! ;)) from MBNA will cover the costs of taking the two disgusting organisations mentioned above through the Small Claims Courts!

I've suddenly begun belieiving in Karma after finding this site!

Nothing back from them since their last letter, and certainly no sign of any refund yet.

14 days ends today, so LBA dropping into the Post this afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Standard letter received this morning:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Dear Mr JMio,

Account: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Thank you for contacting us.

We will ensure that you receive a full written response within 28 days from the date of receipt of your complaint. I have enclosed a copy of our internal complaint procedure leaflet for your information.

Should you wish to contact us in the meantime, please telephone Gareth Tunnicliffe, Customer Advocate, on 01244 627628 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Yours sincerely

Rachel Claridge

Customer Advocate Office Manager

Enc. 'Our Commitment To You'

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Not exactly 'getting' this yet are they.!?

LBA Deadline is Thursday this week, I'll give this Gareth boy a phone tomorrow & gently remind him of this.

I had a letter this week after putting in a claim offering me less than half but today I received a phone call offering me an out of court settlement.

Said I would look at the figures and get back to them.

Hope this is some encouragement for you.

Phoned our man Gareth at MBNA since today's the final deadline day before Court Action needs to be raised, waiting for a call back from him any minute.

I'm hoping he'll be able/willing to just offer me a full refund, it's only for £72.00! And save the added delay of Court Action... here's hoping!

Failing that, I'll take them to Court for it.

Here's hoping...

On a side note - where was the wedding at up here? Beleive it or not I'm another exiled Scouser, moved up here when I was 10.

Rings a bell, near a wee village called Clarencefield...

It's about 10 mins away from where I work actually. You're right, it IS a nice part of the world up here!

Very true!

Well, our man Gareth's just phoned, seems a decent enough bloke (not acting like a total Jobsworthy like I've had from pretty much every other organisation!).

They've got a 'Goodwill Gesture' of £30.00 waiting to be signed off, "That's great, thanks. So what do I do about the remaining £42.00 then? Just submit a Small Claims Court summons then?" came my reply. (I LOVE the way I can now say that so casually by the way!!)

Usual spiel about their views about their charges being fair, transparent & avoidable etc...

He then said they'll need to 'review their offer' - i.e. revoke it no doubt! :p

I asked him to get back to me before the end of today, as this is MY deadline before I take them to court for the lot, plus interest etc!

i know what you mean about being so blase about the way we now say things, seriously though, I would issue a summons tonight to teach them a lesson unless he comes back to you by 5pm. Then if they call tomorrow tell them it's too late !

My plan entirely!

Watch this space

Steeeeeeeeriiike 2.!!

Just had another call from our man Gareth, in order to resolve the matter he's going to send me a cheque for the full amount, PLUS another charge that wasn't on my original claim.

Total asked for = £72.00

Total refund offered = £90.00

Thank you, and goodnight to MBNA!!

Cheque for £90.00 arrived on Saturday.

Keep plugging away people, you shall get what is due to you if you stick to your guns!

And yes, donation will be on its way as soon as the cheque's cleared! ;)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks