Sonic Selector/NTL disappeared music files

furndire
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter used the Broadband Plus link to Sonic Selecter to purchase £50 worth of music downloads (with visa) on the NTL account. But just after Christmas all the downloads that where purchased and sat in the My Downloads folder on Sonic disappeared and she is unable to retrieve her downloads from Sonic Selector.

I have emailed the Sonic Selecter site and they say that they are waiting for a response from NTL.

This has been going on since just after Christmas, and I am getting rather fed up with the way this is being dealt with. I assume that Virgin Media took over all problems that came with NTL, and I would like this rectifying as soon as possible.

Any suggestiong what to do next??????

:x:x:x:x:x:x

First of all, PLEASE be patient - you only posted a couple of hours ago after all.

Secondly, could you paste a link to the Sonic Selector site? Cant seem to find it in Google :confused:

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Sorry about being impatient, but the post seemed to have disappeared, and the last time that happened to me, a post completely disappeared into the ether.

I had to log into Sonic Selector via Virgin Media site, (originally NTL) Broadband extras ~ this brings up another window, which you can only access with account number and password ~

It comes up on Google

OK. Well, unfortunately I know nothing about the site or the service. Maybe you could outline exactly what the service is and does, and what exactly you pay for? In particular, where in this service the songs are stored, and where they have gone from etc. I ask mainly because the brief info I have found seems to suggest that you never actually purchase tracks, just the right to play them. If this is the case, are there any timelimits/play limits on how many times you can play them?

Hopefully then I may be able to help :)

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Sonic Selector is one of the additional (exclusive, I think) services on NTL Broadband plus, My daughter had paid for the tracks, to be able to burn them on to cd, so there is not a time limit - Sonic Selector have a storage space "My Sonic", which you are supposed to be able to store as long as you want. Sonic Selector are acknowledging that they had a problem with NTL changing settings, but nothing seems to be happening ~ I will have to put it in writing, to see if we can get something done.