Advice please ?

ejt72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

just registered, i'm hoping someone will beable to give me some advice ?

I have an account with Natwest, my account became overdrawn,

as i lost my job and as there were no wages going in i was being charged for being overdrawn. They took me to court to recover the money and i am now paying it back each month.

They have retained my cash card but my ac**** is still open ??

Recently i claimed for bank charges, they say they are sending an offer letter within the next few days, and this money will be paid back into my account, will this mean that they will keep my money to pay of my overdrawn account ??:(:confused:

Hi everyone,

Can anyone shed any light on my situation please ?

Basically, i have an account with Natwest, which has an overdraft limit

£1100. When i lost my job, and no wages were going in, my account became more overdrawn as unpaid items were being returned and i was being charged for this !

My account is now £1915 Over drawn !

Recently i sent letters to Natwest to refund my bankcharges and so far

they have said they are going to send an offer letter, nothing recived yet !? Bank charges estimated at £1123, as my account is overdrawn

i am having to pay money back each month, as i have a CCJ.

They are saying, any refund will automatically be paid into my account to pay of Over Draft, can they do this ?

I thought that if i was paying by arrangement, my charges refund would be a seperate issue and i should beabe to say how i want the money paid back ??

PLEASE HELP ????:confused:

I am in pretty much the same boat as you, but with a much higher debt to repay:(

They can not make you pay any refund you may/ may not receive direct into your Natwest account. However, it stands to reason that you use this money to pay off what is owed to them.

It's horrible, I know, believe me I dont want to either. I am at the last stages of my court claim but incase it went belly-up I opted to have the Citizens Advice Bureau deal with my debt problem. They have been corresponding with Natwest on my behalf, and on completing a financial statement I am currently only able to offer them £3.00 per month towards my overall debt. The CAB have advised me that if I do receive a settlement it should be used to pay off this debt. Otherwise, Natwest are well in their rights to demand a much more substancial offer if repayment. Failing this it could get nasty, by way of repossession orders etc.

I'd be happy to pay them £3.00 a month for the rest of my life 'cause of all the amount of stress caused, but if the debt is cleared, evrything should come up smelling of roses.

Hope this helps and has not scared you:)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi EJT.

If you received a cheque for the reclaimed charges, would you not seek to pay off your debts. By the bank applying it to your account, you will still be getting it but indirectly instead of directly.

Given the choice, personally, I would prefer to get rid of the debt.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi all,

i got an offer letter today, they are settling in full £1123 !!

Onlythey are adament that it will be paid into my Overdrawn account !

I already have an arrangement for the OD to be paid off each month, as my account is with CMS.

I requested a cheque but they say no ??

Any ideas ?? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am just about to take natwest to court, as they have refused to pay me by cheque as my account is overdrawn.

They have actually paid my refund money into my account without my consent, as i havent yet signed and returned the offer letter form,

should i inform the courts of their actions ? :confused:

Hi,

I am just about to take NatWest to court, as they have refused to pay me by cheque as my account is overdrawn.

They have actually paid my refund money into my account without my consent, as i havent yet signed and returned the offer letter form,

should i inform the courts of their actions ? :confused:

Please stick to one thread its much easier to answer your questions.

Have they settled in full?

If you have not started court action and they have settled in full I would accept their payment. A judge would not look favourably on a claimant who had recieved a full settlement yet continued to court to get the payment another way. You can always ask them to give you a cheque however they may refuse as you have an overdraft with them.

Well, as i already have an agreement with their solitcitors to pay of my OD monthly wont the court see that as a seperate issue ?

On what basis would you argue in court? They have settled in full you cant refuse it. You have to speak to Natwest about where they have paid the cash.

Ok you can argue with NatWest and quote the fact that you have an agreement with them to repay at a set amount each month. I would check the terms and conditions of this agreement just to be sure there are no clauses in it. I suggest you send them a letter explaining that you wish the refund to be issued by way of a cheque. Did you stipulate a cheque payment in your POC?

I do kind of sympathise with you, the banks are awkward right to the very end, HSBC offered to pay me straight into my account which would clear my overdraft, i wrote back to them and said no thanks i'll have a cheque please, i heard nothing from them for 2 weeks. When I phoned them up they said they had allready paid it into my account the week before, I was not happy ! !

I can see what you are trying to do and good luck if you can but i tend to think the court would say that its settled in full and thats the end of the matter.

Good luck anyway