• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pitters v Nationwide**WON**

pitters
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just receivd a letter from Nationwide sayin they want all of their overdraft back on the first account that I have sent to court still in 28 day period. thats a grand, and if they follow suit with the other 3 accounts im in soooo much trouble as i just cannot find that overdraft. any help from an advice point of view would be appreciated...

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Skegg,

I'm sure I read somewhere that requesting full payment of an overdraft after a claim has been issued is considered to be retaliatory. Now I've just got to remember where... I'll get back to you on that.

Pitters, I hope your son's arm is on the mend and there are no complications. It sounds v. painful, the poor soldier.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

i would be so grateful if you did find that info as iv got another 8k od to worry about

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I've posted on your thread Skegg.

K.

Kelly

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

good for you pitters, i was also short and i called Mr Bacon and reminded him that the claim was not yet paid, it was put in my account within a couple of hours!!

aww.your poor son!! trampolines are awful!! but i am sure you will buy him something nice for being so brave!!xx

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Congrats Pitters!! The rest will soon be there. Well done!

K.

Kelly

Letter Templates

hey Pitters, i to have got a cash credit today. It was for £567. (In fact it was put in twice!, then one was clawed back) and from my workings that about £57 more than i thought so i can offically say i've finally got all mine back. Hey maybe i've got your £57 ?? I'll have too check my figures again. If it's not right, i'll give to you! :)

Whoo hoo Settled in Full. 16th April 07

Notice of Acknowledgement: 17th March 07

Claim Form to CC: 8th March 07

LBA sent: 8th Jan

Prem Letter: 12th Dec 06

Nationwide Claim. £2921.96

Hello!

I sent my preliminary letter on 1st February claiming £840.30 including interest (but not the 8%!). They replied with the usual blurb on 7th February. Now the 14 days are up it's time to do the LBA right?

My question is: The standard LBA is almost identical to the prelim letter and does not have an option to acknowledge any reply to the prelim letter. Are there any other examples of LBAs that might fit my (and probably others) situation? I don't want to spoil my chances by altering it too much!

Just noticed from one of your earlier posts that you sent a schedule of the charges to the court as well as to Nationwide, I didnt do this, do you think now that im up to around ten days to go to 28 days I should send my schedule of charges to court now/ skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I'm not absolutely sure when Nationwide's time runs out but it must be close! 10th April I think, but still nothing in my account. :(

u n me both Pitters Im due the 17th April, would really appreciate you keeping me in your link as im just a few days after you. im now going to send the pig man, bacon that is my schedule of charges and copy them to the court, I didnt use the template for schedule just made one up myself, hope its sufficient, do you think as long as iv put statement date and amount and charge its ok? worried thats why they are defending the claim. skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Good luck Pitters.

Your case is exactly the same as mine with Nationwide except that they have until the 28th April to reply so I eagerly await your post saying that you have been paid in full.

see my quote on pitters abover pp man,im a week b4 you. skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I didnt sent the statement to Mr Bacon bless his little trotters, or the courts going to do it 2moz while still got 10 days left.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I didnt sent the statement to Mr Bacon bless his little trotters

:lol: So bad... but I like it.

K.

Kelly

Letter Templates

good luck guys..

im with you and watching with interest...

not long now :D

oh god i hope so Im knackered not sleeping at night for trying to get as much info from this site as I can.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Still waiting for my £56 but got a letter from Nationwide today.

Lots of blurb but I like this bit: "After careful consideration of your request, we're sorry that we can't agree to your charges being refunded."

The letter is dated 16 April, when they had already repaid me over £1,200!!!!!!!!!!!

hi Pitters,

i finally got my letter yesterday from NW with the breakdown of chargers and to explain their reasoning for the refund and they apologised for not returning all of the chargers i was claiming for!, what's odd is that they

have paid back all my claim plus a few quid extra!!?

Not good to hear you'll still waiting for the final £56. How annoying. I thought me , you and Raypool were all gonna be cleared at the same time.

Keep pushing them mate.

Things really hotting up with NATIONWIDE. only 7 days to go till 28 and not had a defense (starting to panic, am I supposed to look their defense up on the online moneyclaims site for the court?) I sort of expected to receive something. They have started to intimidate me the account that is being claimed for first in court is my sons, they keep ringing for him at home and being snotty. I told them to put everything in writing, we keep getting letters to pay back the overdraft we owe of 900.00 (less than the amount they owe me) by next week but they are not giving us time to do that as they keep ringing and ringing and writing. Its an automated phone service and when you try to cut if off you cant so its stuck on your phone bill. dont know what I can do about this but written to them coping it in to the solicitor action Mr Bacon and the court saying they are harassing me and if they dont stop will report them to the financial ombudsman. Any advice?:Cry:

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

hi skeggs, i'm sorry to hear you are having so much hassle from them!! have a read at this ink about harrassment i hope this helps x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

hey skeggs, to be honest i kept ignoring NW's calls and letters. I owed £1300 in my overdraft and they were threatening me with court etc then finally they wrote again to say they would set up a repayment plan of £20 a month to clear it!! I still did nothing. this only happened about 7 weeks ago and while i was still waiting to hear about my refund of chargers.

When i did file for claim, i did it in person, to my local court and i you will see from my signature the timings. Don't worry, as you can see from myself, Pitters and many others just sit and wait. You have got nothing to lose. Just relax and wait. My money came through lalmost on the last day then rest came 4 days later. just hang in there.

Sorry Pitters for hi-jacking ur thread. :o

No worries Nick!

I've received my letter of explanation today. I am short basically because by the time they paid, five charges totalling £110 were outside the 6 year period. That doesn't equal the £56 because they have paid more interest than I expected. I'm going to study the figures more closely but I'm still considering going back before six years.

those of you who have had your money back i was wondering what time of day your interest was returned to you?

ltrenell, I had mine in the afternoon both times but I can't be very specific. My first amount was between 11am and 4pm and I didn't notice my second one until after 5pm!

cheers pitters. very annoyed today as bank only had til monday to pay up and now they are defending it this morning? has anyone else been in this position and actually been to court and won - they are really getting on my nerves now not sure if they are just playing for more time:mad: