• Tweets

• The digital bank has introduced three new plans - Extra, Perks and Max - replacing its existing Plus and Premium plans for new customers.View the full article
    • Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

they've taken my £1.00 CCA fee as payment on the debt i dont acknowledge!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last week out of the blue i recieved a letter from link saying i owed £344.00 (roughly) i instantly phoned them to see what this was about and apparantly it was for an old credit card debt with bank of scotland. Now i do remeber that and i paid about £700.00 to them and i'm pretty sure they said they'd write the rest of the amount off, anyway long time ago, cant be sure, so Link said the last payment i made was in aug 2000, and i've never heard anything about this for 5 years and now i get this letter. so the other day i sent them £1.00 and a letter asking for a copy credit agreement. (rec del of course) just come home to the phone ringing and some irate man form link shouting down the phone at me, firstly telling me the fee is £5 not £1 then declaring they dont think they have the CCA and i'd better just forget asking for it cos they aint got it and they gonna start putting charges on the £344. etc etc, he was quite abusive and i tried getting off the phone several times while he was ranting. I cant belive i owe this money, jesus its been like 5 years!! any ideas fellow FM's on what i do next. (i was thinking to just send the other £4 and request again the CCA) oh yes he said that it doesn;t matter about CCA as its on my credit file that i owe them?? so i dont need CCA. i love the way they get so aggressive and threaten to take me to court, i felt like blowing him a kiss down the phone and saying Happy Valentine Tiger!!!! grrr

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the last payment you made was Aug 2000 and you haven't acknowledged the debt in writing up to aug 2006, and there was no CCJ - then it is statute barred and he can shouut as much as he likes - check your credit file to make sure thy haven't put another default on it.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

If the last payment you made was Aug 2000 and you haven't acknowledged the debt in writing up to aug 2006, and there was no CCJ - then it is statute barred and he can shouut as much as he likes - check your credit file to make sure thy haven't put another default on it.

can they put another default on it? so if i get a copy of my credit file and they have put another default on it what should i do next? phew i'm still shaking, also when i originally phoned (never did 141 first but i told them i'd phone back and refused to give them my number telling them i didn;t want them to phone me! doh! they've phoned, obviously my number came up. tut)

Hi,

I had a problem with Link in the middle of last year. They phoned regarding a loan from 1999 which they were saying had never been paid. Luckily, I am a hoarder and keep everything so miraculously managed to find a letter from the loan company in Nov 2000, confirming that the loan had been repaid in full. This wasn't enough for them though, they said I had to prove that I had paid it, which I found impossible after 6 years. Anyway, they made all kind of threats to me, told me that I had a default against me (which I havent), which would effect my current job and any future jobs I may go for, I would get a charge against my property and so on. I was really really shaken up by it - plus it was before I was aware of this site (which would have helped me hugely). Anyway, I basically wrote to them and asked them to prove that I hadn't paid it, rather than me proving that I had, considering I had the original letter saying it had been cleared. They continued to harass me by phone so I wrote asking them to remove my number from their records and not to contact me by phone which to be fair, they have adhered to - and I have never heard anything since!! I have waited for some time to pass as even though I knew it had been cleared, I also wanted to wait for the 6 years to be up from the date they claim the last payment was made, but my dad is going to go try to take it further due to the amount of upset it caused me. Anyway, my point is, I would ask them not to contact you by phone and as Gizmo said, hopefully it is statute barred anyway.

Hi,

I had a problem with Link in the middle of last year. They phoned regarding a loan from 1999 which they were saying had never been paid. Luckily, I am a hoarder and keep everything so miraculously managed to find a letter from the loan company in Nov 2000, confirming that the loan had been repaid in full. This wasn't enough for them though, they said I had to prove that I had paid it, which I found impossible after 6 years. Anyway, they made all kind of threats to me, told me that I had a default against me (which I havent), which would effect my current job and any future jobs I may go for, I would get a charge against my property and so on. I was really really shaken up by it - plus it was before I was aware of this site (which would have helped me hugely). Anyway, I basically wrote to them and asked them to prove that I hadn't paid it, rather than me proving that I had, considering I had the original letter saying it had been cleared. They continued to harass me by phone so I wrote asking them to remove my number from their records and not to contact me by phone which to be fair, they have adhered to - and I have never heard anything since!! I have waited for some time to pass as even though I knew it had been cleared, I also wanted to wait for the 6 years to be up from the date they claim the last payment was made, but my dad is going to go try to take it further due to the amount of upset it caused me. Anyway, my point is, I would ask them not to contact you by phone and as Gizmo said, hopefully it is statute barred anyway.

great thanks for that, i did ask him if the call was being recorded and he said all calls were (i was surprised cos not often you get them shouting, aggressive now etc) unless he was lying, the 6 years will be up in aug but i'm worried that they will start adding stuff on etc. i mean i cant prove that i dont owe it, but they said they can prove i can simply by it being on my credit file? hopefully getting a copy of that today as i think its time to update it and get all the defaults removed from years ago!

ok, briefly;

sent £1.00 to link for CCA, they phoned (on 14th) to tell me they needed £5.00, so i've since sent the extra £4.00, now i have received letter from them (dated 14th) and this is what it says;

YOUR REQUEST FOR INFORMATION

Sections 77 and 78 of the consumer credit act 1974

These sections do not apply to your account. This is because Sections 77 and 78 only apply to "matters arising during the currency of...agreements". Since the agreement relating to your account has been terminated (for non-payment) the agreement is no longer "current".

YEP, thats it word for word, i haven't the foggiest what it means?

ps this is for £344 for an old C/C with BOS, i believe BOS were gonna write the outstanding amount off as i paid so much back on it, last payment was aug 2000, never heard a peep from anyone since (until 2 weeks ago).

any info from you would be very gratefully received!!

ok, briefly;

YEP, thats it word for word, i haven't the foggiest what it means?

ps this is for £344 for an old C/C with BOS, i believe BOS were gonna write the outstanding amount off as i paid so much back on it, last payment was aug 2000, never heard a peep from anyone since (until 2 weeks ago).

any info from you would be very gratefully received!!

Well if you made no payments or acknowledgeddebt in writing up to Aug 2006 it is statute barred and unenforceable anyhow.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Well if you made no payments or acknowledgeddebt in writing up to Aug 2006 it is statute barred and unenforceable anyhow.

OMG, why do i feel like a total moron! of course it is!!! doh, i was thinking it was only 6 years in aug 2007! i'm kicking myself now, ha ha, bet i know who will be kicking themselves!!! ho ho ho.

These sections do not apply to your account. This is because Sections 77 and 78 only apply to "matters arising during the currency of...agreements". Since the agreement relating to your account has been terminated (for non-payment) the agreement is no longer "current".

If the agreement is no longer "current" then you are no longer bound by it. And yes it's too old to enforce. Be careful they might be trying to trick you into re-setting the 6 year Statute Bar clock. I wouldn't enter into any further correspondence with them AT ALL.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

If the agreement is no longer "current" then you are no longer bound by it. And yes it's too old to enforce. Be careful they might be trying to trick you into re-setting the 6 year Statute Bar clock. I wouldn't enter into any further correspondence with them AT ALL.

The 6 year clock can only be reset within the 6 year limit - once a debt is statute barred it remains statute barred.

For example had the OP acknowledged the debt in July 06 then they would have had till July 2012 to enfoce it, had she acknowledged in Sept 06 then it is already statute barred and cannot be restarted.

The 6 year clock can only be reset within the 6 year limit - once a debt is statute barred it remains statute barred.

For example had the OP acknowledged the debt in July 06 then they would have had till July 2012 to enfoce it, had she acknowledged in Sept 06 then it is already statute barred and cannot be restarted.

ta for that, they only contacted me only 2 weeks ago and i told them on the phone and in writing they i did NOT acknowledge the debt at all!

That's interesting Gizmo - I have seen other postings here saying it can be re-started after 6 years if you admit to it. Are you sure?

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

That's interesting Gizmo - I have seen other postings here saying it can be re-started after 6 years if you admit to it. Are you sure?

Absolutely sure - that is what The Limitation Act is all about -

soz, this is rushed, off to do the school run in a mo

posted a little earlier, anyway just had a very harrasing call from LINK (real) or rio i think he was called. i sent them a letter which they recieved by rec del and i clearly stated on it not to phone me ever again (i took it off the template here) as i didn;t acknowledge debt, been over 6 years! so its statute barred anyway, but i got confused over dates so i sent in my money for CCA,

the reason they phoned was they wanted me to send in to them LINK, some id before they'd give me a CCA, i calmly explained that its been over 6 years since this account has had a payment or correspondence and so its statute barred, i told him not to phone me again (as my 4 year old was shouting in the background), i dont owe this money and can they refund me my £5.00 that i sent for the CCA, he went totally mental, shouting etc, i reminded him that i put it in writing that i didn;t want any more calls etc and he said that they wouldn;t stop phoning unless i paid up!! he said he was gonna phone again tonight!!!! i hung up, soooo shaking like a leaf, where do i complain about this, total harrasment!

incedently he said the 6 years didn't count cos they only got the debt in 2001 (like what a load of old Sh*t)??? whats he on about?

can someone point me to a complaint letter please?

i'll be back after the school run

You can get a recording device from Maplins (online) I believe, for £9.99.

Even if you don't wish to buy one, it might be worth mentioning to him something like :

"I have to inform you that this 'phone call is being recorded, in light of the fact that you have ignored a recorded delivery letter to stop contacting me by 'phone, do you still wish to proceed ?"

You could report them to Trading Standards and the OFT, but harrassing 'phone calls are very hard to prove without requesting S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info. (including 'phone transcripts) from them. Since it is a statute-barred debt.... I wouldn't do it.

The fact that they only got the debt in 2001 is their problem and not yours.. just don't acknowledge it in writing !

If they persist... buy the recording equipment and send the proof off to TS and the OFT.

:)

also why do you think they were asking me to send my ID to them? (thats what they asked first) they said to proceed with the CCA request i had to send them some ID? anyone heard of this at all? do they really think folk would do that? i might be a bit dizzy but i'm not as green as i'm cabbage looking!!!!

thanks, i've calmed down a little now (i've never in my life been shouted at like that by a company) i'm really surprised at them!

More of us are becoming aware of our rights and the procedures that should be followed before companies can collect from us. I don't think these people are used to coming up against much resistance... some may work on commission.... hence the rudeness.

Don't send them any i.d. They should have been certain of your identity before requesting payment from you in the first place. They didn't request i.d before being rude, did they ? Of course not. If the debt is not yet statute-barred, they could be pushing for a re-acknowledgement. Have nothing to do with them, unless you want to see how they react to your news of having recording equipment. If the debt is already statute-barred, it's not your problem any more.

:)

sorry for multiple postings, the other threads i've done today are at the bottome of this page (if i've done it right) just reread the silly letter i received today about not giving me the CCA etc and noticed the amount i owe them is now £1.00 less (i was scared they might do something sneaky like this!) i used the template from the forum to request the CCA and it quite clearly stated the £1.00 fee is for the CCA payable under the consumer credit act. I'm sooooo mad. they had also asked for a further £4.00 which i sent and i made that clear too it was just the fee for the CCA not payment as i didn't acknowledge the debt. ggrrrrr.

anyone give me words of wisdom on this?

(harrassed mum of child who has lost her 1st tooth today!!!!)

sorry for multiple postings, the other threads i've done today are at the bottome of this page (if i've done it right) just reread the silly letter i received today about not giving me the CCA etc and noticed the amount i owe them is now £1.00 less (i was scared they might do something sneaky like this!) i used the template from the forum to request the CCA and it quite clearly stated the £1.00 fee is for the CCA payable under the consumer credit act. I'm sooooo mad. they had also asked for a further £4.00 which i sent and i made that clear too it was just the fee for the CCA not payment as i didn't acknowledge the debt. ggrrrrr.

anyone give me words of wisdom on this?

(harrassed mum of child who has lost her 1st tooth today!!!!)

They're taking the p**s! WAIT and let them commit an offence, don't get mad, keep meticulous records. Never speak to these people on the 'phone, keep a papertrail, always by recorded delivery. Always send the maximum statutory fee and never send more, reply to requests for more with "i've already sent you the statutory maximum fee"! Keep it bussiness like.

The longer they take the p**s the better it is for you! These tactics are simply to get you mad like you say you are! These people are trained to get you mad.

Simply stalling tactics. When their time is up tell them, and not before!

Best of luck, Dave.

I'm sure I read on another thread that someone else had refused to provide ID but reminded a DCA of their obligations to supply a copy agreement under CCA. The main concern was that the DCA would try to reproduce an agreement with a signature copied on to it. I would look around on the forum to see if anyone else has had similar problems. Once you have the bairns in bed and the tooth fairy duty is done, get yourself a big drink and start trawling through the posts. I would suggest the debt group is the best place to start.

Good luck