hatter v Natwest - Long

hatter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I'm new here but not new to the claims thing. My story is a bit more complex and includes lies, deceit, bullying and of course charges.

Sorry if this is negative but here is a warning that you should take what you are doing very seriously.

I have a business account and private account with NatWest. I have a business overdraft facility of £12,000 and my business account fluctuates from being £11,000 overdrawn to a few thousand pounds in credit. That's the joys of being self employed with irregular money and punters that like to drag out paying you for their own benefit. We're fodder.

I have to say, Natwest were brilliant and under my original Manager offered me an excellent and valuable service. Then my Manager got promoted and a young lady took charge. She decided, for whatever reason, that she didn't want my business anymore. This happened around Nov 2006, so if anyone else noticed a *change* in attitude by Natwest then i'd be interested to know.

The bank used to manage my accounts, moving money when it was required every month from one account to another. I had a great relationship with the staff, it worked fantastically.

Then, one day, they wrote to me saying they refused to manage my accounts anymore. I immediately phoned my Manager who was unable to talk to me. I eventually spoke to her assistant and said that before they ceased managing my accounts I wanted to talk to my bank manager as this was an essential service.

She didn't call back. I called her the next day to be told that she'd gone on two weeks leave. I made it clear that I wished to discuss this prior to them ceasing the service.

Guess what? They didn't care. They stopped it anyway. They had a bank account with no money in and an account with funds available but would not transfer money (as they'd been authorised to do) from one to fund the other as they always had done. But they didn't bother to tell me. They didn't write to me to say that DDs and SOs had been unpaid. I had no idea that they were no longer transferring funds and that they were in the process of refusing payments. I was sitting waiting for a call from my Manager to discuss the ceasing of the service I needed with a view to offering to pay for this service.

They racked up £800 of charges, then wrote to me telling me they were cancelling my Direct Debits. By then i'd worked out what was going on because everyone other than the bank was writing to me saying direct debits had bounced and applying *their* charges!

Did they cancel my Direct Debits? Of course not. Why do that when they can attract a heap more charges the next month - because with me by then a grand out of pocket I didn't even have enough money to cover my outgoings the next month. Nice work if you can get it. More charges. Manager's on holiday. No one can take my call. Another way, eh?

So I wrote and asked for £800 in charges to be refunded. But they got busy at the other end. "From time to time". Watch out for that one, especially if you operate in an overdraft. Because my business account hadn't been in credit within the undefined parameters of "from time to time" they've decided to withdraw it and are now demanding it gets paid back. Its not fully extended and i've work in hand but its pretty much ruined me.

But its not all bad news. They agreed to pay back the £800 but did it well outside of my deadline, by which time i've put in a demand for 6 year's worth at £3,900.

I obviously take full responsibility for my actions and only hope this is a warning to anyone that reads this. DON'T borrow from the bank for a business venture - they will screw you. DON'T trust them to play fair - they will dishonour that trust. DON'T believe they want to help you - they just want to help themselves. But hopefully you already know that - that's why you are here.

My accounts have now been transferred to a person in Borehamwood who never answers his phone and his answering machine sounds like a relic from the 60's. Another way?

The bank have had their 14 days to refund my 6 year's money. I'm going to send them a final warning and give them a further 14 days. After that i'll go to court.

I think they've behaved attrociously - my accounts being in good order until they started playing games... but it doesn't matter.

In between all of this, i've complained to my Manger's manager who couldn't have cared less. I mentioned her "telephone operatives" and she stated that she felt the term "operatives" was abusive. Half way through the conversation she claimed that someone had complained about me and my tone on the phone and that she was recording the phone call. I told her it was illegal to do that. "Actually, i'm not recording the phone call"... a stupid lie! I complained about her and the whole series of events to the official customer complaints Dept who couldn't care less.

I'm now trying to arrange my life so I have as little to do with banks as possible. Of course, that's difficult to do because they've managed to shoe horn themselves into every damned aspect of life but i'll do my best. My advice, break the bank's stranglehold on our lives, dump them, don't trust them, don't borrow, don't buy their products. We have no rights, they do as they please.

Wow !!! I am sure you have every reason to feel agreived hatter. Similar thing happened to my dad but at another Bank. He ended up homeless and it took him years to get back to where he started. Folow the process on here to get back what you are owed, you will succed. I admire your spirit. Dont let the b******s grind you down.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

On the 7th March I registered £4000 and some pocket change with the courts. About a week after I did this, Natwest offered me £2500. It was very tempting but they owe me £4000. They have acknowledged the claim but i've heard nothing yet.

They have until the 4th April. If they don't respond by then I believe it goes to default and I request a judgement. I would love the opportunity to walk into their branch with a bailiff and see the look on the face of the Manager that caused this in the first place.

They are itching to go to collection with my overdraft and do their best to avoid taking my calls I presume in order to create a little melodrama so they can give me the big sigh and say "well we tried to help but you hardly got in touch with us".

I'm hoping they just don't bother to offer evidence but that's wishful thinking.

Ironically, the amount i'm claiming is the exact amount that were it in my account, my account would balance and be at £0. Goes to show, i am good with my money and would be OK if it weren't for those [edit].

They have until the 4th April. If they don't respond by then I believe it goes to default and I request a judgement. I would love the opportunity to walk into their branch with a bailiff and see the look on the face of the Manager that caused this in the first place.

Hi Hatter - well done for sticking to your guns and not accepting the reduced amount. It's your cash - fair and square - why should you accept 1,500 less than you're claiming for!!!

Don't worry - you'll probably hear from them soon, but regardless of that, let's hope you get a nice big fat cheque wingin' it's way to you soon!!! And if you do go in the branch with the bailiffs.............. can you get a mate to go along with you (camcorder attached!!) I'd lurrrrve to see that one!!!

Best of luck - hedgey xx :-D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I used slang, non profane, the definition of which is "someone who acts in a disreputable, unethical or unscrupulous way". Why was this edited? Are the moderators of this site frightened to suggest that the banks may be acting in a disreputable, unethical or unscrupulous way? I've seen worse condemnation on the home page. Even the courts are deciding that they are behaving in an unlawful way. Why the unnecessary censorship?

Hi Hatter - well done for sticking to your guns and not accepting the reduced amount. It's your cash - fair and square - why should you accept 1,500 less than you're claiming for!!!

Don't worry - you'll probably hear from them soon, but regardless of that, let's hope you get a nice big fat cheque wingin' it's way to you soon!!! And if you do go in the branch with the bailiffs.............. can you get a mate to go along with you (camcorder attached!!) I'd lurrrrve to see that one!!!

Best of luck - hedgey xx :-D

Thanks Hedgey. You can rest assured that should I get the opportunity to document any enforcement action using the media of film, it will be up on utube in a jiffy... assuming they don't take to censorship too.

hi hatter

very very similar to my own experience, they nearly bankrupted me they charged me £26000 in 24 months (wouldnt lend me money cause the company grew to big to quickly) im claiming£37000 and looking forward to getting MY MONEY back.Been waiting 4Years for the day when i get my revenge and pay day will be soon in my case...

good luck my friend

regards Scott

PS 6 months after i got out of the charges nightmare they were offering me loans ETC..

when i told them i was moving my BUS account they offered me frree bus banking.I cant type what my response was as it wasnt polite (i did ask for the money back that they had stole from me which they refused to refund)Rant Rant Rant...... sorry going off on one there but u know how i feel cause youve been there. last ting why does it take 5 days for a cheque to clear in a bus account????????????

thieving sods

sorry to moan good luck

scott

hi hatter

very very similar to my own experience, they nearly bankrupted me they charged me £26000 in 24 months (wouldnt lend me money cause the company grew to big to quickly) im claiming£37000 and looking forward to getting MY MONEY back.Been waiting 4Years for the day when i get my revenge and pay day will be soon in my case...

good luck my friend

regards Scott

PS 6 months after i got out of the charges nightmare they were offering me loans ETC..

when i told them i was moving my BUS account they offered me frree bus banking.I cant type what my response was as it wasnt polite (i did ask for the money back that they had stole from me which they refused to refund)Rant Rant Rant...... sorry going off on one there but u know how i feel cause youve been there. last ting why does it take 5 days for a cheque to clear in a bus account????????????

thieving sods

sorry to moan good luck

scott

Moan away - wow, there's always a bigger fish. They've already offered me loans actually. Obviously they're concerned about my credit rating so its at a high rate - can you believe the nerve!?! Of course you do - you've seen it.

Good luck to you Scott. Hope you get *your* money back soon. That's a lot of money to be out of pocket on, regardless of your wealth factor.

i'll watch your thread so if u need any help i'll be there if u need it..

heres my thread so you can follow mine if you want

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/70624-nat-west-owe-me.html

regards Scott

Natwest must have loved you! Bet they don't now. I'll watch with interest. If I win, i'll put you a bottle of bubbly aside for when you do!

Cheers

H

Today is the last day available for Natwest to lodge a defence. Nothing in the post and nothing online. I assume this is a [problem] to drag it out a bit longer. I assume there are a whole host of other tricks the lawyers have to keep this dragging on and on. This is what really peeves people off about lawyers - its not about right or wrong, just tricks and sneaks.

I presume that when I ask for a judgement, there will be further tricks and sneaks so they can drag it out hoping for a solution.

Bet if it was them taking me to court, they'd have a judgement and the bailiffs in before you could say "inbred knucklehead".

Anyone know when I should ask for a judgement. Today was the last day though the website says they've not had long enough yet. You'd think a multibillion pound organisation would be able to get it together to get some paperwork to a court on time.

Hi Hatter...... think they can fax it through right at the last minute - or even get it in slightly late (I'm sure I've read that on a thread somewhere!) Hopefully, someone can give you a full answer when I bump your thread back up to the top of the postings! good luck, xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I'm not positive but I think they can get something called a "stay" which gives them extra time and can drag the claim on slowly I'll bump the thread in case anyone with better knowledge is watching.

Keep at it though Hatter you'll get what's rightfully yours in the end

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

hi all

the court will give cobbetts a few days grace if the defence is posted slightly late so i would recomend ringing the court next thursday if u haven't recieved the defence in the post. I believe that if u enter a judgement cobbetts can apply for a stay to give them more time to respond (and this will drag your claim out even longer). So be patient and wait as this will go in your favour when or if your case goes any further with the judge.I suspect cobbetts will fax the court at the last moment , hope this helps

scott

OK, thanks all. The website won't even let me ask for a judgement as it says its too early. Maybe i've got it wrong.

Are the Issue date and the served date different?

It doesn't say on the moneyclaim website. I'll leave it until next week anyway. I'm in no hurry. I've waited this long.

Claim Timetable:

Your claim will generally be deemed served 5 days after filing . The deemed date of service will be on the Notice of Issue sent to you by the court.

The bank will have 14 days from the deemed date of service to acknowledge. If they do, a Notice of Acknowledgement will be sent to you

The bank will then have an additional 14 days in which to file a defence, ie 28 days from the deemed date of service.

• 2 weeks later...

Well they squeezed in their defence at the very last minute... its quite a big letter full of legalese. I guess i'm supposed to be scared. I've had scarier dinners to be honest.

I guess from what i've read that this is standard.

Para 1, 2 lots of "without prejudice"

Para 3 give us the account number and charges applied

Para 4 No admissions... repeating para 3

Para 5 some clown wrote this because it says the same as 3 and 4

Para 6 Defendent Pleads...... etc etc

...lots of bloat-text about contractual law

Para 9 I can't plead until we get your bank account details and particulars

Then another letter... NOTE - IMPORTANT

This request is served pursuant to CPR Part 18 with regards to CPR Rule 27.2(3) then basically saying they're going to get it struck out if I don't provide them with details (bank account and list of individual charges).

Then loads of stuff demanding which paragraphs from laws i'm quoting and loads more contract law stuff.

Any comments would be appreciated... any pointers would be better.

Don't worry about pointers in fact... just finished reading CPR 18 sticky thread. It makes this letter even less scary than the small, white feather that just blew in through the open window. What a beautiful Sunday.

OK, so i'm doing the standard response to the CPR 18 stuff but what about pushing it.

Surely if we can show that this is just the same tactic that is used over and over without NW ever doing other than settling out of court or get a judgement against them, it will force them to quit all this ****e and just pay up. ie, if I can give some example of others v Natwest and say "They did exactly the same to them and paid up in the end" it must totally invalidate their defence. This is just stalling.

Any thoughts?

Just out of interest and sorry if i'm rambling but no one seems to want to talk to me all that much :-( but it says on my Notice of Transfer of Proceedings;

IT IS ORDERED THAT:-

1. The filing of an allocation questionaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise. **

**Please not that an allocation fee may be payable in this instance. Please contact the court of transfer for further details.

Anybody seen that before. Thought everybody got an AQ.

hi hatter

good luck my friend

regards Scott

thieving sods

sorry to moan good luck

scott

Little birdy tells me you got something to celebrate Scott... if its true, well done mate.