Limited Company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied to my Limited Conmpany's bank asking them to supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history over the last six years with their organisation. Alternatively, I asked for a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable. My Bank Manager has just telephoned me to say that if they supply me with statements it will cost me £5.00 per statement sheet. I pointed out that I only asked for statements if they could not provide me with a list of transactions. They are going to come back to me she said. What a surprise that they relephone at 15.30 on the last working day before the information is required to be with me under the 40 day rule. Can anyone help with advice as the information I requested is free to personal account but not apparently to business accounts.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Leftie

The same rules apply even with your business account. Have a read here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

The charge for all of the data they hold on your account is £10 in total. Does'nt matter how many accounts you have with them.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 1 month later...

Might be a bit late but I disagree with Uk Activator ( dare I ? ! :D ) I have only just found this post. Although this is a similar claim like all the others, it actually does not come under the Data Protection Act when it's a Limited Company.

Data Protection is for consumers. A limited company is expected to keep its accounting records for 6 years and you have no recourse to receiving records for £10 as consumers do.

Sadly, if you haven't kept your records you will have to pay the £5 per statement and be in trouble with the authorities for not keeping your accounts if it ever came to checking you out. take a look here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/64383-limited-company-data-protection.html