Cushty v Abbey *WON* *WON*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just a quick update on my case. I received a court date of 2nd March on Wednesday of this week. I contacted Abbey and asked them if they would like to settle before I prepare my bundle etc.

Well what do you know - their solicitors in NI contacted me today and offered 70% of claim plus interest. I politely declined and said that I would see them in court unless they settled in full. Half an hour later they called back and offered the sum requested.

I have now received a copy of their letter by e-mail and have been promised the money early next week. Needless to say I will not cancel the court date until funds have cleared. Donation will be on its way to CAG shortly thereafter.

But this feels so ******* good I can't tell you.:D :D

Please don't give up anyone - they will fold!!

Sorry I also meant to say a huge thanks to karnevil, lula, bish, srfrench etc who have all been an inspiration throughout my battle.

Thanks a million - there are no smilies that adequately reflect the smug grin on my face at this minute!!

Follow all the instructions on here and then wait for your court date. Only then will you get any kind of positive response from them.

I contacted Inga Kirkman and James Arrandale and they responded fairly quickly but the court date was what concentrated the mind. ;)

Well done!

Woolwich N1 issued 15.01.07 £11k

Acknowledged 01.02.07

Defence Filed 15.02.07

AQ Filed 21.02.07

AQ Deadline 05.03.07

Woolwich AQ late, given till 16.03.07

29.03.07, Judgement rec, woolwich to pay up by 10.04.07

Money received 16.04.07

Nationwide MCOL issued 22.01.07 £1k

Settled in full 05.02.07:D

Account being closed

Appeared on Watchdog 20.02.07

Abbey Issue MCOL £5k 24.01.07

Defence Filed 21.02.07

29.03.07, AQ hearing set for 20.04.07 with other like cases.

11.04.07, Full settlement letter received for £5,769.12

Thanks guys (or girls)!! I am no legal expert but the advice on here is so good that anyone can do it. It took 6 months altogether but it has been worth every second.

I will hang around and try to be helpful to others but there are so many who know more than me that I'm not sure I will be needed.

I will repeat again to all of you - don't give up!! Abbey and all the other banks are on a loser and they know it. You just need to be strong and not easily intimidated and you WILL win.

Thanks for the good wishes guys & girls - I trust that all of you will get what you deserve soon.

Anney - I have watched your thread with interest and I am sure you are now in the home straight. Your son is lucky to have you fighting his corner!!

Good luck and I look forward to reading about your success in the very near future.

Well done mate, a good week for the poor consumer. I am hoping that the same effect that bank charges have on customers is now happening in favour of customers. The snow ball effect, the more of us that win, the more of us will claim.:D :D :D

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

I agree bish - I am already offering to guide some friends through the process and have told them about this great site as a reference point.

And as for you WHU - I think you will end up a happy Hammer as long as you follow the advice on here. It may make up for your relegation disappointment!!;)

Just a quick update guys - money now lodged in my account as of last night but not without a bit of pestering on my part.

Happy days!!:D :D

I am off to the rugby at the weekend to watch Ireland beat Engalnd (hopefully) and the drink is now all sponsored by Abbey.;)

• 6 months later...

Thread moved to success forum.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.