The Gill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

May I introduce myself as someone who would wish to see as many people taking up the challenge of getting their bank to return all the unlawful charges (EDIT) from them.

I have recently sent off my request to Halifax and it seems that they are attempting to put so many obstacles in my way as possible.

The Halifax have now withdrawn my overdraft facility and have transfered my account to a debt collection agency.

Has any one else experienced this and how does this affect my claim?

Regards,

Robert.

May I introduce myself as someone who would wish to see as many people taking up the challenge of getting their bank to return all the unlawful charges (edit) from them.

I have recently sent off my request to Halifax and it seems that they are attempting to put so many obstacles in my way as possible.

The Halifax have now withdrawn my overdraft facility and have transfered my account to a debt collection agency.

Has any one else experienced this and how does this affect my claim?

Regards,

Robert.

Ok can you start a thread in your bank forum and list the actions the bank and you have taken please.

Did they withdraw the overdraft when you started your claim? There are certain actions you can take regarding retalitory actions look at this thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/63646-alliance-leicester-fined-fos.html

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Livelylad,

Thanks for such a prompt reply.

I sent a standard letter (recorded delivery)to my bank asking for the return of the penalty charges over the past 6 years enclosing copies of relevent bank statements.

The account has stayed dormant for a while and had an overdraft attached to it. I got a letter from the bank not mentioning my claim at all but asking that I return all cheque books and cheque cards relating to the account. They also stated that the overdraft facility was withdrawn and that if I don't pay it in full they will transfer the account to a debt recovery agency.

I also got a leter from them stating that they have received my claim four days after they officially recieved the recorded delivery and said they will reply to my claim with in 4 weeks. The 14 day period stated in my letter to them is up next week (22-02-07) and I will be filing a small claims through the courts. I wonder if they will transfer this accout to a debt recovery agency soon?

Another account I have with Halifax has had the overdraft facility withdrawn and has today been tranfered to a debt collection agency. I have not yet sent off a claim for the return of the charges. Do you think I can still go ahead with this as I have done with the first?

Sorry I didn't explain myself clearly to begin with,

Best regards,

The Gill

Ok can you start a thread in your bank forum are both claims for the Halifax?

Can you answer these questions please in your thread and copy your second post into your new thread.

1. Do the charges cover the overdraft?

2. Have they requested that you repay the overdraft before they transfered it?

3. If so how long did they give you and what was your reply?

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Livelylad,

Thanks for such a prompt reply.

I sent a standard letter (recorded delivery)to my bank asking for the return of the penalty charges over the past 6 years enclosing copies of relevent bank statements.

The account has stayed dormant for a while and had an overdraft attached to it. I got a letter from the bank not mentioning my claim at all but asking that I return all cheque books and cheque cards relating to the account. They also stated that the overdraft facility was withdrawn and that if I don't pay it in full they will transfer the account to a debt recovery agency.

I also got a leter from them stating that they have received my claim four days after they officially recieved the recorded delivery and said they will reply to my claim with in 4 weeks. The 14 day period stated in my letter to them is up next week (22-02-07) and I will be filing a small claims through the courts. I wonder if they will transfer this accout to a debt recovery agency soon?

Another account I have with Halifax has had the overdraft facility withdrawn and has today been tranfered to a debt collection agency. I have not yet sent off a claim for the return of the charges. Do you think I can still go ahead with this as I have done with the first?

Sorry I didn't explain myself clearly to begin with,

Best regards,

The Gill

Livelylad,

Both accounts are with Halifax.

The account that I have so far requested the bank to repay charges will cover the overdraft.

The account that I have yet to claim (now gone to debt collection agency) will not cover the overdraft.

The bank did ask that I repay the overdraft. As I do not have the cash to repay the overdraft I did not realy have time to formulate a response - it was less than a week.

Regards,

The gill

This thread moved to the Halifax forum

• 2 weeks later...

Halifax have now closed my account, served me with a default notice and keep ringing me up asking when I will pay the outstanding amount despite them knowing that I am in the process of claiming back 6 years of charges.

This is obviously a new Halifax's harasment tactic. They said in one phone conversation that they 'will welcome' a small claims summons after I told then that I was about to file a small claim in our local court.

They are of course calling my bluff as we all know that as soon as understand that I have filed a claim they will pay up -the courts are getting a little anoyed by this so called vexation litigation.

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

I have accepted an offer from Halifax and have sent the form back to them signed in the pre payed envelope provided.

Halifax wrote in the letter that they will pay me within 14 days - this was over three weeks ago and I have heard nothing from them.

In the mean time however Halifax have passed my account over to their debt recovery agency -has anyone else experienced this sort of tactic?

Meanwhile, Halifax have sent me a letter expressing their regrete that I am unhappy with the bank charges on another account I have with them and that they will reply within four weeks with their decision.

Now this is very perculier because I have yet to write to them requesting that they refund the last six years charges on this account!

Has anyone any ideas? Is this again another tactic pre-emping what I will do next as a way of frustrating the process?

Regards,

THE GILL