Elwood vs GE

ElwoodP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to get back the money that my daughter was fleeced for by various financial institutions and of course store cards are involved!

GE Capital Bank seem to be guilty on all counts. So I have just sent the usual DPA request. I have asked for all info on all four store cards she had with them and have sent one cheque. When I deal with DPA at work and we get a request, it doesn't matter how much info we have on an individual we still have to stump up for a tenner - so as all these accounts are with them I assume that is the case here.

My initial plan is slightly different thought as GE are currently being told by the Financial Standards Authority to dish out compensation to all those mis sold Payment Protection. My daughter had protection on all her cards and amaziingly they are still trying to charge her for it now! So I plan to see if I can get that back first.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to discuss PPI or if this could be the start of something else to hack of the banking industry - oh dear what a shame - never mind!

• 2 months later...

Can someone help? We have not heard a word from GE and have confirmation that they recieved the DPA request - have now sent the letter giving them 5 days to comply and still no response - so now I guess we take them to court. Thing is I don't know how much we are supposed to sue them for for not supplying us with the info?

Elwood

There's a whole forum dedicatd to PPI, I suggest you start there.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/

Steven

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• 4 weeks later...

Have now received response from Info Commissioners office saying that ours is part of a block of requests they are sending to GE in May. Doesn't really raise my hopes - think it will just show we have taken all the right steps when this goes to court.

Have talked to my local court who inform me that because this claim is not for money that it will cost £150 so am waiting for my daughters dosh from the Co-op to come through before we can afford this. Should be this week hopefully.

Plan to wait until the first week in June to see if GE come up with the goods after their nudge from the ICO and then submit to court in June.

This one is for info on bank charges and PPI once we get the statements so should be interesting.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me if the FSA decision to let banks put a freeze on all requests for refund of charges until after the test case is over also applies to credit card and store card charges?

cf is right. However, I slightly disagree with the idea that credit cards were sorted out last April. All that happened was the OFT decied that they wouldn't take action against any card that charged

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter got all her dosh back from GE Money yesterday. Only £440, but this does seem to mean that they are not yet trying to use the excuse of the Bank court case. We also only had to send the first request letter - given how long it took them to give us the statements - 6 months and with Information Commissioners intervention, I thought it would be a much more painful process.

We also have an ongoing claim with the Co-op Credit Card and they are still sending out the same standard letters saying it will take four weeks to sort out. This is what they did when we claimed for her bank charges, so I suspect (and hope) that they will cough up too.

THis is not surprising. GE Money are quite quick to pay up and know better than to quote the OFT case, which is completely irrelevant to credit cards.

Steven

My Wins