Anyone dealing with Cobbetts Manchester?

Loopyloz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am now at the stage where I have filed a claim to the County Court and they have informed Natwest. Since then, yesterday I had received a copy of 'Acknowledgment of Service' that Cobbetts acting on behalf of Natwest are intending to defend the whole claim. They have another 28 days to put up a defence from the 14th Feb.

Is it just a formality or is this Natwest saying they are going to try their hardest to defend and stop me from receiving any money! I know other people have won and I will carry on, don't get me wrong as why should I not get £4,796 back when others have! I would like to know if anyone has dealt with Cobbetts in Manchester? and what are their tactics? just to give me some idea so I can prepare myself!!!

Thanks for the reply, I suppose it depends on who you get, just wanted to know if there's a trend in offices, whether one is more difficult than others??

As far as I know all bank charge claims for Nat West go through Cobbetts Manchester office. Read few of the Nat west threads to get an idea of their tactics.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Loz,

We dealt with Cobbetts in Manchester and it's all the standard bull****.

My daughter got a full settlement including a very nice sum in contractual interest (mind you it all went on paying back money she owed me, after a 5% donation to this site!).

They never admit anything, even when you win, so don't be concerned. I get the impression that they've taken on this commission from NW probably at a low £ rate per claim and are now totally swamped. They do things which could indicate deliberate intimidation but which in my view are probably just mistakes due to pressure of workload. NO I'M NOT SORRY FOR THEM!!! I'm going to post a list of these issues to see if others have had the same experiences - if there's a pattern we can all complain to the Law Society as I believe people did previously about the spurious CPR 18 requests Cobbetts sometimes make.

All the best, it's patience you need in this, not luck

Pete