Capquest and Amex

bi15hgm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

As a new member to CAG I am encouraged by the postings and the amount of advice available as I now have an issue with Capquest and Amex.

I received the usual letters from Telogram, HL Legal and on Saturday 10 Feb, Capquest. This letter solicited a response from me by 20 Feb or legal action would be taken to recover the debt.

This debt is with American Express Optima (Credit Card) and is over 15 years old. No default notice was issued but debt was transferred to Robinson Way whom I agreed a payment plan and have continued to pay by Standing Order ever since. It was not until I received the letter on Saturday that I discovered this forum and decided I needed to confront Capquest with CCA letter.

This letter was posted by Signed For Recorded Delivery on Monday 12 February to the address specified in the letter as PO Box 396, Fleet. I have had no response from the Track and Trace feature on the Royal Mail website so I do not know whether it has been delivered or not. I have since discovered through other pages in this forum that I have probably sent it to the wrong address.

My question is do I send copies of everything to the other address today or do I just rely on the fact I have a receipt of posting from Post Office?

Thanks in anticipation!!

15yrs old!

blimey, i though i had read somewhere that after 6 yrs of no contact they cant chase you amymore?

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx100uk but I have been paying through an arrangement with RW for the past 15 years by standing order. This has come out of the blue as Capquest claim that Amex 'together with others, has been sold to Capquest Investments Limited who have appointed Capquest Debt Recovery Limited as one of their group of companies to manage yopur account in all matters relating to collection and litigation'

I have not contacted RW but continue to pay the arrangement through Standing Order and will continue to do so until such time as I receive the CCA request from Capquest. I will then report back here to determine what I do with RW.

Hope that clarifies the situation for you.

Update

According to Track and Trace on the Royal Mail website, the letter has not been delivered. Having now called Royal Mail they tell me that Signed for Recorded Delivery can take up to five days First Class and you have to wait 15 Days before letter is classed as lost.

In order to safeguard myself (I had to respond by 20 February) I have sent same letter today to the address on the forum with a copy of the first letter by Special Delvery with a GUARANTEE that it will arrive by 1.00pm Monday. Assuming first letter is eventually delivered they will now have two letters; at least one by Tuesday.

ok great your getting there.

i thought 15yrs was a bit long:D

just looks like someone has got their knickers ina twist then.

hope you get it sorted.

i'll keep watching

regards

dx100uk:cool:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just received the Capquest 'Account on hold for 28 days letter dated 14 February'. My first CCA letter did arrive and the info I received from Royal Mail was false OR Capquest did not sign for it.

Can I therefore assume that Capquest 12 day clock starts from 14 Feb?

Do I now need to send a similar CCA request to Robinson Way who have been collecting this debt for the last 15 years?

OR

Do I need to forget RW, keep paying and send SAR to Amex?

Any advice and guidance most appreciated.

Regards

Mike