Cap One selling debts?

willowthewysp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Appologies if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone else heard about Capital One 'selling' your debts to a dodgy 'debt collector', who will then procede to pay you a visit and DEMAND payment...(the debt has nothing to do with cap one then...!)

Not sure how true this is, but i heard this via my husband who heard it from the radio(bbc4)

Anyone know what im talking about?

....Its got me MEGA worried!:o

willowthewysp

Action so far...

:!: Alliance and Leicester>>>PAID IN FULL:D

:!: Capital One>>>£1025.19

07nov06>sent S.A.R....

01dec06>statements received...

27jan07>sent pre-lim...

10feb07>sent LBA...

Court claim has been sent...waiting reply

:!: Payment Protection on Capital One>>>

23dec06>refund credited to account!

Appologies if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone else heard about Capital One 'selling' your debts to a dodgy 'debt collector', who will then procede to pay you a visit and DEMAND payment...(the debt has nothing to do with cap one then...!)

Not sure how true this is, but i heard this via my husband who heard it from the radio(bbc4)

Anyone know what im talking about?

....Its got me MEGA worried!:o

Willow..stop yer worrying :-) Lots of these lenders sell their debts on to Debt Collection Agencies (DCA) and they (the DCA's) will go on to send you a load of threatening nonsense. First and foremost, if your account is 'in dispute' with Cap1 then they shouldn't be selling the debt. A quick call (or letter) to the DCA explaining the account is in dispute will have them handing the debt back to Cap1. These DCA's try to use real bully-boy tactics and rarely carry out their threats of doorstep collections etc...There are many many posts on this site re DCA's and who they are. You are covered in many aspects by the law, so don't worry...We're all here to help and guide each other..

Just hate every DCA out there

Thanks for setting my mind at ease!..It did get me worrying that i would end up with a huge bloke at the doorstep demanding money!

But yes, my account is in dispute and am awaiting a reply to my LBA...

x

willowthewysp

Action so far...

:!: Alliance and Leicester>>>PAID IN FULL:D

:!: Capital One>>>£1025.19

07nov06>sent S.A.R....

01dec06>statements received...

27jan07>sent pre-lim...

10feb07>sent LBA...

Court claim has been sent...waiting reply

:!: Payment Protection on Capital One>>>

23dec06>refund credited to account!

• 4 months later...

Hi

I am considering re-claiming penalty charges back from my Capital One credit card.

I have a Capital One credit card debt that has been 'sold' to a DCA called Robinson Way with whom I curretnly have a repayment plan'. Rob Way claim as they are now the Data Controllers for my Capital One account & that any requests for statements should be made directly to them. Can anyone tell me whether I send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Capital One or to Robinson Way. If the SAR is to Robinson Way do I send a standard letter or does it need to be adapted in any way. Please advise?