Lisac V Halifax Visa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Is there anyone out there who knows an address for Halifax Visa in England or Wales?

Have gone through the usual steps, and am now about to issue a claim with MCOL.

The only address I have is Dunferrmline, Fife, where I've been sending all correspondance so far, but MCOL say there has to be a service address in England or Wales or you cannot use them for your claim.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help as I am at the stage where I have been offered £245 (half of my charges) and want to take them for the lot!!!

Hi

Is there anyone out there who knows an address for Halifax Visa in England or Wales?

Have gone through the usual steps, and am now about to issue a claim with MCOL.

The only address I have is Dunferrmline, Fife, where I've been sending all correspondance so far, but MCOL say there has to be a service address in England or Wales or you cannot use them for your claim.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help as I am at the stage where I have been offered £245 (half of my charges) and want to take them for the lot!!!

Ok all I can find is this number I would give them a ring and ask them about their address. If you dont get one you can complete the N1 and issue that instead.

Credit Cards - 08457 28 38 48

:?: Have just filled in N1 form. Do I send a copy to the Halifax as well???

Do I send the Court costs fee with the claim form, or do I wait until I

know it's actually going to Court??

If I send the Court cost fee now, then Halifax settle before it goes to court, do I still get the fee back?

Sorry if this seems a little naive!!

Hi Guys

Just an update.

Decided to phone Halifax on Monday before I sent off N1 forms. They said they were looking into it and I would hear something this week.

I was dubious, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Lo and behold, I received a letter today offering me all charges back. I just have to send back acceptance form now....

On the acceptance form it says that the money will be put into my visa account. Does anyone know if I can insist on a cheque???

Thanks for any advice

Lisa

To the best of my knowledge you should have asked for a cheque in your prelim and LBA. You have nothing to lose by asking though. Will they owe you money after they have paid you back? If not, you will just have decreased your level of debt to Halifax as they are legally entitled to being paid first. This is still good isn't it? Less interest to them. As they have offered you FULL payment I believe you cannot now proceed with the N1 as I have read somewhere the courts would frown upon this.

Hi Hiddenangel,

No they were £20 late payment charges and £25 overlimit fee charges. From 27 October 04, they were charging me £25 late fee charges! What a cheek!

The last charge I had was in December 06 for £12 but they are refunding me £25 for that. This is because I put £25 on the schedule of charges as when I sent pre lim letter I knew I was being charged for that late payment, but I hadn't received my statement yet, so didn't know the charge had gone down to £12!

They obviously didn't add the charges up themselves or they would have noticed my mistake!! Never mind it's an extra £13 for me!!

Lisa

Hi Sallysas

I didn't send off the N1 to the court, thought I would wait and see if I got a result this week, which I did!

I didn't know I had to state in my pre lim or LBA that I wanted a cheque, never mind it will lower my account balance,which is fab!

Unfortunately, they won't owe me any money as my claim was for £490 and my balance is about £1900.

I will ring and ask though, you never know.

Lisa

Cal me the Devil's Advocate but on the Money Programme some months ago the experts opinion was that the true cost to banks was no more than £4.50. So you have done well. Say thanks very much, take the money - and run, so to speak. I don't know if this is necessary 'cos I havn't got there, but would it be an idea to refuse to sign whatever letter,saying you will not claim again. Are these late charges etc still being applied? How about applying for interest next time? See, I'm evil.:rolleyes:

Going after anyone else? Sally

Hi Sally

Thanks for the advice.

I haven't had any charges lately, as I am back on my feet and pay on time now. It was the late fee charges which made me incur over limit charges in the first place!

I'm going to claim charges back for my Halifax current account now, it's over 2 grand! Thought I'd do credit card first as it was a smaller claim to see how I got on. Now that mission is accomplished, it has given me the confidence to go for the big one!!

I have all statements as sent off SAR's for credit card and current account at the same time. Will be sending pre lim today, so fingers crossed. I will start a new thread for this claim, so keep an eye on what's happening and hopefully will get some good news soon, if Halifax play ball!

Watched a new Halifax ad on TV last night- no wonder they can afford to make new ads every few months- it's our money that's paying for them!

Lisa