amend my claim

cheesy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone help?

I submitted my MCOL form on 29/1 and have since received an acknowledgement of service.

Upon reviewing my paperwork I realise I made a stupid miscalculation and counted one line twice whe I was totting up my costs. It means I have over claimed by about £11. Not a fortune, but still a clumsy mistake.

I don't want to give Abbey any amunition to dismiss my claim so I need to amend it. MCOL advised me to "apply on an N244 application form and amend the amount in red on the N1 claim form." I have looked at form N244 and don't know how to phrase the order. Has anyone done this and is there a specific legal phrase I need to quote? If anyone can spell out what I need to do I'd be v grateful.

I want to do this properly and not make any more errors!

Thanks in advance for any help

Guide to amendments with links to forms - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/47344-ltsb-defence-claim-too.html (halfway down first post)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I decided not to amend my claim. I have now received a copy of Abbey's defence, which I imagine is pretty standard. They dispute that the charges are unfair and insist that it must be right that Abbey can levy charges and that they are reasonable. They also say "further, you will see the charges are liquidated damages, and not penalty charges and are therefore valid pre-estimates of loss".

They go on to offer to pay half my claim as a gesture of goodwill.

Is this all standard stuff? Should I worry about this "liquidated assets" stuff?

Obviously I will not accept their offer, I will only acept a full refund. Do I need to respond to specific parts of their defence in my letter, or do I just write and say I do not accept their offer?

As always, any advice and support is appreciated!

Cheers

Is this all standard stuff?

Yes - completely

Should I worry about this "liquidated assets" stuff?

No - I'd love like to see them try to substantiate £35 as a "valid pre-estimate"! :)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.