Help with PPI on closed loan account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help.

I took out a Lloyds TSB loan in September 2000 for £14000, on to which was added £3025.39 as PPI. I was told that this was a condition of taking the loan as it was for a large amount. The premium was advanced as part of the loan.

Does anyone know if I can reclaim this money, even though the account was settled 5 months early in April 2005?

Does it matter that the loan was taken out over 6 years ago?

Many thanks.

:confused: (Please forgive me if posted in the wrong area, this is my first post.) :confused:

Hello, If you look in the statues library regarding the limitation act 1980 the time limit is 6yrs. There is section 32 which you could read that might help to be quoted in any correspondece you send to them. It is worth a try you might not get anywhere but it might ruffle a fewfeathers.I sent this in a letter in response to the solicitors threatening to strike my claim out of the court because 2 transaction went over the limitations act. It is also worth mentioning that this scandalous activity of ppi had just come to your attention.

I first contacted your client regarding their unlawful charges on XXth XXXXXX 2006 and therefore disagree with your contention that some of these charges fall outside the scope of the Limitations Act 1980. However I am happy to let the court decide on this matter.

Your client should consider themselves fortunate I have not claimed charges going further back, since I believe that any limitation would be overturned under the terms of section 32 of the Limitations Act, due to their continued "concealment" of the facts that their charges are unlawful, or for relief from a "mistake".

I hope this helps and wish you luck

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Oops, sorry I fogot to mention the statement is in reference to bank charges not ppi. but the quote can be used or adapted as necessary to anything.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Further to mentioning just the Limitations Act, 1980, you could also mention the Latent Damages Act, 1986 - this inserted Section 32 into the LA 1980. I know you think "Why should I bother??" but, but quoting as much Statute Law as possible, it shows them that you mean business and appear to know what you're talking about (they're less likely to mess you about!!)