HFO services and Cabot finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had an interesting phone call off HFO,they told my wife that they where a company looking to offer me a job,when i spoken on the phone to them i find out its a DCA claiming that they had bought my debt i owe Barclaycard....

I have disputed this debt with barclaycard for over 2 years because i had payment protection and barclay's insurance never paid out,even though i paid the premiums...

Getting back to what was said on the phone,i told HFO i was going to complain to Trading Stanards about misleading me and lying ,i got the reply its in your best interests to not do that,so i said your threating me his reply no i'm telling you its in your best interest not to complain,then i'm afraid the phone call went downhill from there,everything he said i replied no comment,this went on for a good 10 minutes....

This company HFO are constanly phoning at all hours on moblies...

Is there anything i can do to stop the phone calls?

I was thinking about trying to get bank changes refunded but have no idea what to do first...

Now onto Cabot,they have brought an outstanding car loan off Direct Car Fiance,this loan does not existed as i have a full and final settlement letter off DCF,but Cabot refuse to accept it.....This is the 4th Time DCF have sold the debt on....

What course of action can i take....I'm fed up sending off copies fed up explaining on the phone to them....

cheers for any replies :)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abolutely, you can sort this lot out. You really need to take a step back and read as much as you can, and most importantly, read the FAQ's as your first step.

You'll find in there various template letters to use, but you shouldn't rush in straight away. Take time to absorb the info and get things clear in your head.

As regards HFO, you'll find a letter to adapt and send HERE. Hopefully this will stop them carrying on their harrasment by phone, but if not, let us know in your thread, and someone will be sure to offer further advice.

Cabot next- particularly easy this should be, as it is obvious there is no debt there to collect. First thing you should do is send a CCA as per the template provided. This will dispute the debt, and buy you time to learn more about how this lot work (Just do a search for Cabot, but be prepered for a lot of reading). They should supply your original agreement in reply to this letter within 12 working days, but probably won't. If they don't, they must apply to a court to allow them to enforce the debt, and if I was you, I'd let them try. You could then point out to the court that you are being harrassed for a debt that you don't owe, Cabot will look stupid when you produce paperwork showing you cleared the finance, and that should be that. It is unlikely though that they will go down that route, but you never know. Also, once a further 40 days have passed with no agreement forethcoming, they will have committed a criminal act. More about that later when/if it comes to it.

Just keep posting as you go. There are plenty of folks here are members of tBern's Cabot fan club, and all will be more than willing to help.

One last warning though. Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited is not the same company as Kings Hill (No1) Limited who bought your debt, and KH changed their name last month to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. I know, confusing innit. I'm hoping to uncover something in the morning related to that so maybe I'll have a bit of news then.

Good Luck,

Seahorse

• Haha 1

Thanks for the reply it is very helpful...

Going to sent HFO scumbags sorry services a CCA request sometime today or tomorrow morning at the latest...

As to Cabot i think i'll just ignore em and wait for my day in court if it gets that far...

I wonder how many more times DCF (Funding Corp) can sell a loan?

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe what these have done now,they ignore the CCA request and sent me a Phone now for big saving offer and its freephone( 08000 192193) the offer is valid till the 9th of march....lol

I wondering does this count as an offence trying to collect a disputed debt while not replying to a CCA request...?

Hi,

This is usual for these sorts of companies. They nearly always ignore letters etc. Just let them default on your CCA request.

Do not contact them on the phone. Write and tell them you will only communicate in writing from now on! Use the telephone harassment letter in the templates.

Best of luck, Jeff.

Thx Jeff...

I never phone they phone me...

And i think its so funny when the person on the other end of the phone can't understand a word i say(i have a speech problem)and slams the phone down or i'm having a good speech day and i seem to get childish on the phone and they slam the phone down when i say no comment for 10-15 minutes.. roflmao

I'm just counting down days till they default....

• 2 weeks later...

Cabot phoned me yesterday,after i told them nicely where they could stick the so called debt i don't owe...

I told em i ain't paying them a penny and if they kept phoning me i would report them for hasslement and also told em to prove i owe the loan..

And low and behold first thing this morning a letter drops through the letter box....lol

They have now brought the loan and its in my best interest to phone them.....I will of course ignore it as norm...

It strikes me as funny no matter how many times you explain and how many tme you send proof of not owing they just keep trying...

btw i did warn them that the only way to get money out of me is by taking me to court,where i will put in a counterclaim....

:grin:

telling me that due to high demand there i an 8 week delay...lol

I wonder why there is such a high demand:rolleyes:

Oh dear they will be 35 days into committing a criminal offence when they eventuallly get it. I wonder if they know any GOOD solicitors:grin: :grin:

:grin: I wonder why there is such a high demand:rolleyes:

Oh dear they will be 35 days into committing a criminal offence when they eventuallly get it. I wonder if they know any GOOD solicitors:grin: :grin:

Does WW count ? :rolleyes:

Just hate every DCA out there

• 1 month later...

You could now write to both HFO and Cabot and state you are unhappy they have ignored your CCA request and you are now invoking their complaints procedure. They MUST have one as they are consumer credit licence holders. They have eight weeks to come up with a response. If they ignore your request you report them to the Financial Ombudsman.

In the meantime you report them to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading. Ask the OFT if these two firms are fit to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

A little update on whats happening so far...

Cabot have stopped phoning now but still send letters,i have reported them to TS and OFT...waiting for TS to phone me for details

HFO are still phoning me everyday,even thou i've told them to stop phoning or i will report for harassment(the replies to that are we can phone you 3 times a day)...

They continue to ignore my CCA request...

I had a word with the ICO and the advice from them suxs,they say pay the debt and sort it out later,but the problem is i don't know if i owe them money or not,every time they phone or there agent Turnbull Soc i ask the same questions,please reply to my CCA request...HFO ignore me Turnbull say they have not request even thou they replied to me stating they have recieved the orginal request...Now every phone call off Turnbull are do you know we are taking you to court if you don't pay up...i thought they couldn't try to collect on a debt if they default on a CCA request..

They are all talking BS. They have no CCA so cannot enforce a debt. Write to them and demand a copy of their complaints procedure. Report HFO for harrasment and breaches of the telecommunications act. Get choose to refuse on your phone it really pees them off

• Haha 1

They are all talking BS. They have no CCA so cannot enforce a debt. Write to them and demand a copy of their complaints procedure. Report HFO for harrasment and breaches of the telecommunications act. Get choose to refuse on your phone it really pees them off

thx... :D thats very helpful...

I spoken to BT about the phones calls and from monday i've having a new ex-dir number....

thx... :D thats very helpful...

I spoken to BT about the phones calls and from monday i've having a new ex-dir number....

That will pee them off big style. These Bullies will NEVER commit their threats to paper. They love bullying on the phone. DO NOT put your new telephone number on anythin eg guarantees emails etc. Just give it to friends and family. Well done.. Bet you feel good now. NO MORE CALLS FROM THE IMBECILES

Hi,

I changed my phone number just before Christmas last year.

So far I've not heard a peep from anybody!!!:):):)

Jeff.

Do you not miss your daily threat?????

I got a letter and an impressive double sided A4 card from HFO. They've identified me as a homeowner and are pursuing me for a Barclaycard debt largely made up of charges (under £1,000) I think. This A4 card lists all the possible sanctions against me and also seems like and advert for them to offer secured loans and remortgages.

Their solicitors, Turnbulls, in Wimbledon, have written too and I've CCA'ed and SAR'ed Barclaycard. Turnbulls wrote back saying that the usual 8 weeks for info because of high demand. As soon as 12+30 expires I'm firing off complaints to Trading Standards etc.

23/05/06 DPA Sent to Halifax

I Love You All :D