A&L Defaulted me!!

steveashby1980

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone offer some advice??

I recently approached A&L for £136 worth of charges and removal of 2 defaults which they placed on my credit file.

They returned £68 no questions after my prelim approach but made no acknowledgment regarding the defaults(just got the standard pre printed letters "please be assured our charges are reasonable and are competetive"..... the usual rubbish they feed their customers!).

I then sent the the LBA with schedule of charges, to which I once again received the standard reply with no mention of my default.

I was wondering the legalities of their application of the default entries against me of which they had not once notified me they were going to do, I only found out this by accident when viewing my credit file.

Are they allowed to do this without notifying the customer? Also I believe what caused the default was going overdrawn caused by one of their charges but I'm not 100% as they didn't notify me!!

I'm just in the process of filling in my court claim and was wondering if anyone could offer their advice in including this in my particulars.

Cheers

Steve