Edgley Vs Barclays **Presently Clueless**

BlindApproach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I do waffle on, so will try to make it read interestingly by adding some colour :) haha

Well, after many daysprocrastination and deliberation I finally looked into the whole subject today, and very glad I did too. After reading the stories on the forums I finally got the inspiration I needed to send the first letter!

One story in particular sticks in my mind - Nightstar (Thank you), which seemed to go down every avenue and saw Barclays act like complete corporate Arses:mad: I hate the way these big corporates treat us with such distrspect and this makes me more determined.

Well, I dont know where this will go or what will happen, so I'll be on the lookout for advice and hopefull by the time I reach the end then this thread will be of use to many more people. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE DOING THIS.

I have done a very quick guestimate and reckon I am owed anything in the region of £5,000 to £8,000

Now the letter has gone I am sure I will have a long wait until the statements arrive, so Ill be checkin in on everyone elses stories in the meantime - will provide updates and experiences every step of the way.

Hi there, welcome to CAG. You'll find plenty of advice and inspiration from the many wonderful people who use this site. Make sure you read the FAQs and if you get stuck, post your query and someone will point you in the right direction. Good luck! Keri

so do the banks generally wait til the 40 days are almost up before sending the statements, since its obvious what the purpose is?

Also - how easy is it to read the statements and pick out the charges - do barclays do the decent thing and send you just the charges list?

QUESTION:

The last couple of months I have noticed something weird on my statements. Its an entry which is 'labelled' Commission. I had been thinking that someone had been defrauding me and somehow misused my card - but is it actually another fraudulent Barlays charge!?

I am learning all the time - but to learn I'm gonna have to keep with the questions!!!!

I dont know the answer to your question BUT if you ever come across something on your statement you dont recognise it you should ALWAYS question it straight away. Phone the bank or call in at the branch with a copy of the statement and ask them what it is!

Just my opinion.

Peter

PETER RABBIT V BARCLAYS Settled in Full 05 March 2007

well, i'm still waiting in expectation, but in the meantime have been telling my wife about it all so we can look at her acounts, she thinks that 4/5 years ago she was paying Lloyds TSB an absolute fortune in charges because the company she was a director of went bankrupt and she went for months unpaid, then for months unemployed, with things like car insurance, council tax, tv licenses and all the other little bitty things going unpaid.

The thing with lloyds I have discovered is that they charge 60, yes £60 for each unpaid item - scandle, utterly disgraceful.

She also has a credit card account, with some charges on it too.

I wouldnt be surprised if the 2 (barclays & lloyds) claims come to over £10k.

Should i be worred about the claims being 5k each or does size not matter in the effort banks will go to in order to defend. i have read all the success stories etc, but am still worried about going to court and losing.

• 1 month later...

No it is not normal, I sent my letter requesting statements of charges and got them through in a couple of weeks,

If i was you i would send another one giving them 7 days to comply or even telephone them.

As you did not send it registered they may have mislaid it, although i handed mine in to my local bank personally.

good luck hope you get a response.

Caroline

i did send the original one registered and also received a notification that they had received it, with the postal order returned and the waffle about it taking longer etc.

do i use this letter now....

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

[name]

is that all i need to do?

thanks for your help.

You could do Have you tried phoning them

i would give them a quick phone i have a name and number you could try

it is Alex Martin in the legal department on 020 7116 4523

It may be a little too soon as this is for a little further along ie once you have send a demand for payment.

But it is worth a try and if he is not the person he can direct you to the correct person.

They have not kept to your deadline so if you have no joy, i would send the letter and give them just 7 days

caroline