Will lack of any payments affect my claim?

ccs001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am considering requesting my charges to be refunded, however i have several queries i have been unable to find answers to.

Firstly, i am one of the worlds worst at paying money off of my barclacard :oops:. I'm great at paying my egg card as its a direct debit, but ever since barclaycard started charging me for late payments i have barely made a payment to them (approximately 13 months, with only two or three payments!) and am worried this may affect my claim. Will this have any bearing on my claim?

They have now passed it on to a debt collector, Mercers.

Also, i now live in Scotland, used to live in England, so from what i have read the only difference is that the small claims is under £750 as opposed to £5000, is this correct?

I'm not in this to make a fortune, i would just be pleased to get back to within my limit.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

charlie

IMO If you think they owe you more money than you owe them then, tell the debt collection co the account is in dispute. You could send your claim to the Northampton office then it I think would be subject to English law.I'm Sure your right about the small claims amounts.

A small claim in the sheriff court is meant to provide a simple, quick, informal and inexpensive way to settle claims worth up to £750. It allows you to take legal action without having to use a solicitor.

It is a do-it-yourself procedure although a friend or adviser can act as your representative. Some legal aid may be available but it is not available for a solicitor to represent you.

A special feature of the small claims procedure is that in most cases there is a limit to the legal expenses which can be awarded.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast