ray.corps v Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a reply from Clydesdale Bank (it took them 10 days). They say that I can only have statements for last six years under "DPA Rights of Access".

They also say that under the rights of access they do not have to supply any info on any manual interventions.

Are they right

Guest Lueeze

Yes they are to an extent.

The FSA say that Bank only have to hold 6 years worth of files.

The manual intervention response is standard that we all get usually, so dont worry about that part.

Good Luck

Lou xx

Received my statements yesterday - but they only sent out the last 7 months, so have just notified them that the info was incomplete and that the clock is still ticking.

Will keep you posted

Ray

They tend to send them out in 2 batches Ray. Post July 2005 and pre July 2005. It's something to do with the way the statements changed layout last year.

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

You need to send a preliminary request for payment first giving them 14 days, and then the LBA, assuming you don't get payment agreed from the prelim.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Received a reply to my prelim letter today. They are sorry that I felt the need to complain ? about the fees, but if I had kept my account in credit then I would not have been charged.

Also they said that the charges were all line with their current policy. They kindly told me that if I was not satisfied I could go to the banking ombudsman.

Guess it's time to turn the screw a little.

Yes just a standard reply.You need to send them a LBA next probably for your next standard reply .Then it comes to the time they start to realise your setious and not going away .

Keep us posted.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Received a nice reply to my LBA this morning. YB have advised me that my complaint file has been reopened and is currently under review.

Apparently every effort is being made to bring my complaint to a satisfactory conclusion.

Stick to your timetable.. file at the deadline if nothing heard..

Although you may want to pop whoever replied to you a quick one paragraph response reminding them that if you have heard nothing by the deadline and they have failed to refund the outstanding balance that you will proceed with the aforementioned action. This might chivvy them along somewhat - I do like a bit of pressure when it flows the other way!

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Mine went today, and with Trunny's and PJ's claim too they are going to be so busy. My heart bleeds for them, as much as their hearts bled for me when they were helping themselves to my money. I'll be following your progress and update my thread as things progress so we can know what they get up to.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

good luck, mine goes on the 3rd July 8-)

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

• 1 month later...

Filed my claim with the court a couple of weeks ago.

Received a letter a couple of days ago from the bank's litigation department, written in legaleeze but basically saying that the bank acted properly and in line with it's current schedule of charges.

Hardly a defence.

Does anyone know what to do next

You should be getting an Allocation Questionnaire from the court.

BTW I changed the title of your thread to avoid confusion with Jonny-Veg as he had the same.

• 1 month later...

Had an offer from litigation department of YB offering all but £25 of my claim. I have run up a further £200 in charges since starting the claim, so I told them that if they were prepared to refund the addional charges then they had a deal. If they couldn't then I would start a second claim.

Well done. If they have any sense they will just pay up, but then we are talking about YB here so you never know.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks