Ironside vs NatWest

ironside
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

This is my first post to this wonderful site, and will definitely not be my last :) I have been sending out letters for statements to the various financial institutions who have turned the screw on me over the years, and yesterday I received some from NatWest.

I nearly collapsed when I saw what had been taken in charges, but I managed to work them all out and come to a figure. I've been pretty crappy with my finance but now I have (better late than never!) come to my senses!

Would someone be able to tell me if I can claim for all the following items below? I think I am ok, from the other posts I've read, but I just want to be sure and not make a twonk of myself:

£937 - cheque return fee

£3995 - direct debit return fee

£50 - card misuse fee

£1365 - referral fee

£112 - unarranged borrowing up to oct 2002

£708 - unarranged borrowing after oct 2002 (I removed the Adv Gold fees from this)

£692.77 - interest (this is the one I'm particularly unsure about)

total - £7859.77

I'm not sure about what to do now - do I add 8% interest on this and send your standard payment request letter with the figure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As far as I'm aware I think I am just about ready to send my claim, but I just wanted to make sure that I would be able to claim all the parts on my original post.

So from what I can see on the faqs, I should now be sending the Prelim letter (671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html), requesting full payment - without including 8% interest.

If someone could confirm that I can claim all the charges on my original post, I will get that off to them today. I'm really only unsure about the "Interest" one. Thanks for your help with this!!

Guest Mumofthreeboys

You cannot claim all the interest, you can only claim the proportion of interest that was caused because you were charged and therefore put you into your overdraft.

You then add 8% when you file at the court.

• 3 weeks later...

Received a VERY welcome letter today from Jeff Hartley of RBS/Nat West.

My claim had gone in for £7,000 a couple of weeks back and the letter I received today basically said that they do not agree with the basis of my complaint, BUT they want to make a gesture of goodwill payment of £6,450.

They want me to sign a form saying that I must comply with T&C and all charges in future (ie. continue to screw me over if I rebound DD/CHQs etc). If I don't, they will "reconsider" continuing with my banking facilities. This doesn't really bother me, as I cannot see charges at this rate continuing much longer, and I can always change banks anyway.

Has anyone else had this letter, or similar? If so, by signing it am I signing my life away? I can't see any other conditions applied, so I don't think so - but I want to be sure.

I'm not too fussed about carrying on with any action from this point, as I'm happy about the amount offered.

Donation on the way, once this is sorted. WOO HOO!