Pezza76 v Abbey

pezza76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just to update you all with my case

October - Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request and waited over 40 days for all statements and Microfiche statements to be sent to me.

November - Sent through 1st request for repayment of charges - Received a letter from Abbey saying there charges are not unlawful, but as a gesture of goodwill will refund £470, which they did. Was still £582 short of my request and I said the £470 I would accept as part payment.

December - LBA sent

11th January - Abbey decided not to respond at all to my LBA, so I filled out MCOL - Case number 7QZ04369 for £762.64 (£582 charges, £100.64 interest & £80 court fee, I forgot to add the £10 SAR request fee)

24th January - Received a letter from Abbey in London, not on headed paper and signed by just ABbey that they need a break down of what I was claiming for a they haven't ever received a summary of charges??!! I sent copies with initial request and with LBA!

25th January - Sent a recorded delivery letter back to the Abbey, attached was all previous correspondence and summary of charges etc.

7th February - Received a 'Notice of transfer of Proceedings' from Northampton County Court, with an allocation questionnaire saying I need to send this to my local court by 27th February.

8th February - Receive a letter from Abbey, once again not on headed paper, and this time marked "Without Prejudice" saying they enclose copy of the defence they have filed with the court, but in the interim they want to ascertain wether I would be prepared to settle the claim before it reaches the court and as a gesture of goodwill will refund me £341.32 exactly 50% of my bank charges and interest, but not taking in to account the £80 court fee.

What do I do next? Do I send a I accept their £341.32 as part payment, and carry on court proceedings for the remainder?

Or just completely ignore their letter and fill out the allocation questionaire and carry on with the full claim?

Anybodies help and advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

Pezza76:)

hi pezza,

I would send a rejection of their offer letter, and carry on with your claim. I would say you're nearly there now.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

I'm currently filling in the Allocation Questionaire for the court.

Can someone possibly help me with the other information section? It says I need so set out information that will help the judge to manage or clarify the claim, including information I think should be supplied by the other party.

Thanks

Pezza76

Pezza,

The best advice I can give you is to find a post by karnevil and click on the AQ link on her sig. It will give you chapter and verse on AQ's

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 2 months later...

20th APril - Have received a form through that reads

TAKE NOTICE that the ALLOCATION AND CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE will take place on 27 June 2007 at 12:30pm

At local county court to be heard before district judge

When you should attend

Please Note: This case may be released to another Judge, possibly at a different Court.

I am completely confused, what do I need to take with me? Is this standard procedure?

Thanks for your help

Pezza76

Thats good news. Abbey will probably cough up before the case management date. Essentially prepare a court bundle and all the information you will ever need is in there

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

• 1 month later...

Update

I still haven't heard a thing back from Abbey and the allocation case is due next Wednesday 27th. Will Abbey actually turn up?

Thanks in advance

Pezza76:)