Please Help Me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help, I have just got a letter to day from these guys chasing a debt that they bought from credit acceptence from 2001 (May)

They have requested the court make me bankrupt!!!! and now I am bricking it, I just turned everything around and now this.

Please help as I only have 18 days to respond

THANK YOU

Morning confuseddotcom

How much is the alleged debt?

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Is this DCA Connaught by any chance? The reason I ask is that I had a similar letter back in September 2006. When I sent them the statutory letter requesting info under the credit agreement act, they wrote back saying they didn't hold that kind of information and would pass it on to the original creditor. Would I please be patient and wait. I am still waiting. Hope this is of some sort of help.

alot of DCAs use the threat of making people bankrupt as a scare tactic.

to send a statutory demand costs nothing, to actually go ahead with the bankruptcy petition will cost them over £500. in essence many companies will only go ahead with the bankruptcy if the amount owing is sizeable AND you have assets of value.

are you in mortgaged accomodation?

Guys thanks for that and keep it coming, I have just spent the last 20 mins with a very funny stomach!

The amount is for 6871.68, I have not written to them in all this time the orignial debt is for around 3500, at no time have I admitted the debt, I have only spoken to a female at Marlin`s today to say I did not accept the debt and would appeal etc, she said do what you want, it will not make a bit of difference.

Please help, I have no idea what do

well I would still write the CCA to them and make sure that you include the statement" I do not acknowlege any debt to you and will not correspond further until you send the requested agreement", they may try to continue to harass you but if they do not have the agreement it is a complete defence in court. send recorded or better still special delivery. so (as they know anyway) it does make a difference. even if the worst came to the worst and they tries to take you to court you could conterclaim that you have requested the original agreement, if they can't come up with it then it can't be enforced, not even by a court. try not to talk to them on the phone, because they are hoping you'll cave in and admit to it, because as of may 2007 the debt is statute barred, so they will be pushing really hard to get it restarted. don't panick, just do your CCA and get it away today!!

Incidentally, because the alleged debt is so close to the time limit, they propably bought it for peanuts.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

right I'm not sure about English law, being north of the border, but is this letter from the court or from the company? if it's from the court then you need to contact the court to find out what you need to do. sequenci seems to suggest that it's a frightner from the company, but you should know that by looking at the letter. i would imagine there will be a reference no. if it's court. check and post back

Scare tactics!

Dear Marlin

Refrence *********

I do not acknowledge this alleged debt.

Please send me a true copy of the executed agreement and a copy of "Deed of assignment"

Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 I am entitled to this.

77 Duty to give information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

I will not enter into any further corespondence regarding this matter, until such time as you comply with my request

I am sure you could find a better template elseware, but this is the jist of what you require.

Time is of the essence to this DCA, as they only have a few months left, they will try to make you acknowledge this alleged debt before the six years expire.

Do not communicate by telephone.

A to Z index

Again a Big thank you

All this help is enpowering.

So the idea is I make them wait and they try and make me pay?

I have 18 days to reply do I wait the full 16/17 days before I reply by recorded?

You have all turn what started out to be a bad day into very good one!!!

I would spend the next ten days researching on here to "fine Tune" a letter to them. Send it in good time, you do not want to break their deadline. Don't forget the £1 postal order.

Do you have anymore information about Marlin, what does their letterhead say they are?

A to Z index

Thanks Ripoff, what info do you require, is there a forum/data bank for this type of info?

Well, the letterhead will have an address, and might say;

Solicitors, Collection Agents, etc.

I hate these bullyboys, and their threats.

Whereabouts "up north" are you?

A to Z index

don't wait any time, post your cca today or asap. to be honest I would do it special delivery it cost a couple of pounds but it is guaranteed to be deliverd the next day with a signature. then they can work up a sweat trying to find a way out. but don't delay

don't wait any time, post your cca today or asap. to be honest I would do it special delivery it cost a couple of pounds but it is guaranteed to be deliverd the next day with a signature. then they can work up a sweat trying to find a way out. but don't delay

As I said, time is of the essence to them, a couple of days in your pocket, is a couple of days out of theirs.

A to Z index