• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Application for costs

GaryH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great letter tempate link at the start of this thread..... but how can anyone include a list of ALL successfull claims of their bank in the form of a full list....?

Is there a current list for each bank that people can copy from? Surely people arent going into each and every thread to get the case numbers then copying them individually....!

26/02/07 - Statement Request

06/03/07 - Prelim Sent (requesting £500)

20/03/07 - LBA Sent

04/04/07 - Started Court Claim (requesting £678:54 including 8% & Costs)

05/04/07 - Received Part Offer (£348 )

06/04/07 - Rejected Offer !

10/04/07 - Papers deemed served on Halifax. Have until 24/04/07 to admit ir defend.

11/04/07 - Halifax filed acknowledgement of service , intending to defend ALL of claim.

26/04/07- SETTLED IN FULL - INCLUDING COURT COSTS & INTEREST.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI EVERYBODY,i am new to this site,it is my first post.i need help i want to claim excessive bank charges from the tsb.i sent a letter 40 days ago for charges going back 6 years.i sent cheque for £10,still no reply they received my letter as i have tracked it by royal mail. there is only one problem i sent letter to colmore road birmingham instead of chiswell st london,what do i do next,please help.:???:

Hi

This link should help:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Good luck, and please start up your own thread, then you can ask any questions you have on there.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

thanks for the help,where do i post my own thread.

Go to

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/ then click on "New Thread" in the grey/blue box, call your thread "Pokerdex V LTSB" or something similar and away you go.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi

Here is the link to the spreadsheet I used.

http://www.no450forum.org.uk/misc/detailed_costs.xls

BTW I don't think I put the £10 charge for the SAR access fee, so you should add that too!

I have just recieved a letter from the court re my cost claim. My letter was similar to Gary's instructions at the beginning of the thread and included the above spreadsheet

However this is what the letter says (Portsmouth):

Your file was referred to District Judge Jolly who made the following comments:

"The claim having been settled, the court can vacate the 10 july 2007. No order for costs having been made on 22 march 2007, costs not being reserved, there is no basis to make any order for costs without an application being served and a hearing. If that is what Mr X wants, so be it, and the time on 22 july could be used for a costs argument. Mr X to notify the court"

Please notify the court by 4 may 2007

What does this mean ? Does it mean I have to turn up in court to discuss the costs claim ? Surely my letter should cover it . Any Ideas. I will ring the court tomorrow to see what the clerks can tell me

Yes, the judge is saying if you want to pursue it you'll need an application and a hearing.

Up to you really, but there are hugely compelling arguments that Lloyds have behaved unreasonably, and I'd be happy to help you with them. In fact I have just submitted a formal application myself which contains a detailed statement of their unreasonable conduct which you could use if you wanted to.

I'll actually post it here tomorrow if I get a bit of time.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks for the spreadsheet

XxXxX

I am a bit confused over the response you have recieved from the Court in regard to your application for costs.

Bankfodders links and template is what i have been going by

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=11&a=84

I cannot understand the need for an actual hearing :? surely this is just wasting more of the courts time.

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

I am confused Gary. Because I thought the letter that I sent the court, was an "application for cost". I used the letter, that you posted originally to the thread which started:

"I wish to inform the court that the claim as detailed above, in which I am the Claimant, has now been settled.

The Defendant paid the full amount claimed, namely £xxx, by way of a credit to my account on the xxxx. As such, no further action is necessary in respect of this claim.

However, in view of the circumstances around which this claim was defended and then settled5 days after the preliminary hearing. I respectfully request that the court considers this application for costs to be awarded in favour of the Claimant, pursuant to CPR 27.14(2)(g).

It is submitted that the Defendant has acted wholly unreasonably with regard to its conduct and litigation strategy in respect of this claim, for the reasons stated as follows....."

I also attached the following to my letter

Summary of Costs

Schedule of Preparation time Costs and Disbursements

Lincoln abuse order

List of settled cases

Copy of order made in response to an application for costs made in similar claim

Copy of Defendant solicitor’s letter dated 26th March 2007

Copy of Mullen -v- Hackney Judgement

I would appreciate it if you can give me further guidance. I will call the court anyway, to see what they have to say, though I doubt if the clerks will really understand!

Yes, but what you submitted wasn't a formal application - only an informal request. A formal application would be submitted on, or attached to, form N244 with a £35 fee.

It was always going to be 50/50 over whether courts would accept it without a proper application notice or not. Some have, some haven't - looks like your judge is fairly strict.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I am confused GaryH

:???:

Bankfodders thread in regards to wasted costs states that no fee is required and there is no mention of form N244

:? :???: :? :???:

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

Thanks for clearing it up. I also note, that the "wasted costs link" also has a draft order too. BTW, I also have another letter I sent to portsmouth on a second settled case for costs. It may go before a different judge, so who knows I may be more lucky on the second.

I'm glad your clear about it all ..... i am totally confused .... lol

:???:

I WON !!!!

CurlyChic. Gary is saying first try, sending the letter as detailed in this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/85726-wasted-costs-order.html

The judge may accept this and require nothing further.

However the Judge is within his/her right to ask you to make a formal application (for your costs). So more work ! New form to fill in, fee etc. You may decide it is not worth the effort. However sending in the first letter is still worth the try, it all depends on how much time your willing to devote to it.

Ok .... got ya

;)

Do forgive .... I am only a girlie .... lol

:p

I WON !!!!

CurlyChic. Gary is saying first try, sending the letter as detailed in this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/85726-wasted-costs-order.html

The judge may accept this and require nothing further.

However the Judge is within his/her right to ask you to make a formal application (for your costs). So more work ! New form to fill in, fee etc. You may decide it is not worth the effort. However sending in the first letter is still worth the try, it all depends on how much time your willing to devote to it.

Cheers. Could'nt have put it better myself.:)

• 2 weeks later...

hi applied for costs as per the instructiolns on the site

just had a reply from ncle courts it reads

i write in response to your letter dated 30th april

the matter was refered to deputy district judge ward and the following comnment was made:

i refuse to allow claimant to apply for costs, he should have been in attendance at the hearing of 18th jan 2007 to ask for them.

the court has settled your case aqnd takes no further action

!!!!!?

i informed the court before the hearing that lloyds had settled and made no claim for travelling or court attendance .

i only claimed for letters postage ect /!!!

are we able to apply for costs with the initial court claim?

No. You've no automatic entitlement to claim costs on the small claims track - they're only available if the other party has put you to unnecessary costs by behaving unreasonably. Put in a request when they settle, but even then its at the judges discretion.

is it reasonable to add charges for my time in making this claim, am i entitled? surely holding off until the matter is taken to court is unreasonable and unfair on their part.

i pretty much lost my house and had to move back in with my parents because of unfair bank/credit card charges, i was on a wage of only £600 as an apprentice and it ended up i was having to pay out at least £300 per month in charges. i firmly believe that it was because of excessive and expensive chargies applied that i lost my home and in turn a lot of my belongings

Can anybody help with where I stand please?

I notified the court that the bank had settled and attached a draft order for costs and spreadsheet.

The court only read the 1st page and have closed the claim.

3 times now I have rung to try to get them to put the application for costs infront of a judge

Today they cant find the case and they are now telling me I will need to pay a fee for the application for costs to go before a judge

If I have managed to help you in anyway then please click my scales

:eek::evil::-D

is it reasonable to add charges for my time in making this claim, am i entitled? surely holding off until the matter is taken to court is unreasonable and unfair on their part.

I've actually answered this question in the post above.:)

Can anybody help with where I stand please?

I notified the court that the bank had settled and attached a draft order for costs and spreadsheet.

The court only read the 1st page and have closed the claim.

3 times now I have rung to try to get them to put the application for costs infront of a judge

Today they cant find the case and they are now telling me I will need to pay a fee for the application for costs to go before a judge

Do you want to make a formal application? If so I've got a part C statement which you can use, and I can help you fill in the form.

Obviously the downside is that it'll cost £35 and you may be called to a hearing.

sorry i may have been unclear, i didnt mean about costs for wasting time, i read in another thread about adding an hourly rate for the work to the initial claim also

similar to lawyers fee's i'm sure i read that you are entitled to claim an hourly fee for the time you put in, and this can be added from the start - i can't find the thread now though to reference :( it said i think the hardest part was people not knowing how much to charge per hour, and how the number of hours would be realistic.

thanks gary you are being a great help

This can only add weight to our claims for costs.:)

BBC NEWS | Business | Judge warns 'unreasonable' banks

"Looked at in the real world where there will be no trial these steps, which place completely pointless work and some anxiety on litigants in person, constitute unreasonable behaviour," said Judge Mackie.

"From now on we will generally be treating such conduct as unreasonable behaviour thus enabling any claimant who has been put to unnecessary work and inconvenience to be compensated for this."

Els

sorry i may have been unclear, i didnt mean about costs for wasting time, i read in another thread about adding an hourly rate for the work to the initial claim also

similar to lawyers fee's i'm sure i read that you are entitled to claim an hourly fee for the time you put in, and this can be added from the start - i can't find the thread now though to reference :( it said i think the hardest part was people not knowing how much to charge per hour, and how the number of hours would be realistic.

thanks gary you are being a great help

No, I'm afraid that costs are not claimable on the small claims track. There is a strict no-costs rule which means that costs are not available to either party.

This may seem unfair, but ultimately its there to protect the little people like you and me - it means we can sue huge coorperations safe in the knowledge that we won't be bankcrupted by their costs bill if we lose.

This can only add weight to our claims for costs.:)

BBC NEWS | Business | Judge warns 'unreasonable' banks

"Looked at in the real world where there will be no trial these steps, which place completely pointless work and some anxiety on litigants in person, constitute unreasonable behaviour," said Judge Mackie.

"From now on we will generally be treating such conduct as unreasonable behaviour thus enabling any claimant who has been put to unnecessary work and inconvenience to be compensated for this."

Els

I know, its fantastic. Lets hope that the pressure keeps building.:)