psbuk v MBNA

psbuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a letter this morning from MBNA along with a list of charges and my £10 cheque.

Ive totted up all the charges and it comes to £624, didnt realise it was so much.

Here is what they say-

"We attempted to contact you by phone to confirm exactly what information you are seeking. However since we were unable to reach you, we have enclosed copies of your statement information. If there have been any transactions on your account as a result of manual intervention, they will be included on the eclosed statement information.

"On this occasion will provide this information free of charge and have enclosed the cheque you sent.

"Should this information not be sufficient, and you wish to make a full data subject access request under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998, please complete and return the attached form. Please ensure you include the fee of £10 and appropriate ID(e.g photocopy of drivers licence or passport."

I dont know what they are on about because that was the point of the first letter, i was quite clear on what i wanted, and they havent phoned me once.

Anyway im going to send the preliminary letter for repayment.

It worries me this does. Are you 100% sure that the listthey have sent through includes ALL the charges?

If not then I would seriously consider a full DPA request - enclosing the identity info they have asked for. Don't forget that the £10 fee can be reclaimed as it is an acceptable cost you have incurred in order to recover unlawful charges.

Im not 100% sure that it lists all the charges to be honest, i suppose they could have missed a few and i would have no idea.

I thought that was the point in me sending the DPA letter and the £10 cheque in the first place, they could just be playing stalling games.

I think i might have to send them the information to see if there are any more charges, just means it will take longer. :mad:

anyway cheers for your input.

It won't necessarily take any longer.

My suggestion would be to continue with your prelim for the amount that they have notified. If they offer to settle, reserve the right to claim for any extra amount that may come to light with the DPA information.

If they don't attempt to settle, and you have to commence court action before the DPA arrives, then we can look at the situation again.

Hi there

I just received the same letter today and totalled amount of fees on the list they gave me and it comes to £739.00. It also gave a phone number so I rang to speak to the person mentioned in the letter, but he was busy. Later I got a call back from someone who works with him and I told them that I would like to discuss these charges and about claimimg them back. She said that because OFT saying that £12.00 was acceptable fee. They are not going to pay any full claims back and that I need to write to them and they would look at each claim individually.

Thats a good idea alan , should i include a section in my preliminary letter regarding my right to claim any extra amounts?

Cheers for your help.

Edit: They have included a 'Right of Subject Access' request slip, so no need for an additional letter.

Saida, they put a contact name and number in my letter aswell, not going to bother ringing.

Thats a good idea alan , should i include a section in my preliminary letter regarding my right to claim any extra amounts?

Yes, emphasise that it is a claim based on the information they have provided.

Hi there

I received exactly the same letter today. I had 2 accounts with them and the total from both accounts according to their sheet is £1102.

I'm resending my letter as I don't trust thieves, liars and banks...

I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Rosco1977

Barclays (DPA sent 26/04/06) owed £2515

Egg (DPA sent 26/04/06) - Awaiting Response

MBNA (DPA sent 26/04/06) - Owed £1102

Cahoot (DPA sent 26/04/06) - Owed £1160

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved a letter from MBNA, saying i will recieve a written response within 28 days from the date of the reciept of my complaint. Also provided is a number for Gareth Tunnicliffe, Customer Advocate.

I assume this is a standard response to the preliminary letter?

Ps. Can the thread title be changed to be more relevant to the stage that im at? Like psbuk v MBNA etc.

I didnt think it was worth starting a new thread.

thx

Recieved a letter from MBNA, saying i will recieve a written response within 28 days from the date of the reciept of my complaint. Also provided is a number for Gareth Tunnicliffe, Customer Advocate.

I assume this is a standard response to the preliminary letter?

Ps. Can the thread title be changed to be more relevant to the stage that im at? Like psbuk v MBNA etc.

I didnt think it was worth starting a new thread.

thx

As you suggest, this is a standard reply...just stick to your timetable. Thread title duly changed. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks