mbates v First Direct | SETTLED IN FULL 18/07/06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great. Keep us posted!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Received very polite letter back today, sending back my cheque and saying a courier will drop off the statements.

Letter also mentions manual interventions will be included via notes and the records only go back six months.

( If a scan is required, please let me know)

Onwards!

• 1 month later...

Okies, long time no post but up to the moneyclaim part now, standard 'go away letters' so far.

I have checked the faq's and read quite a few threads, I am having a small panic attack over the moneyclaim info.

(Thanks to spiceskull etc for the info as shown).

Apart from adding this in where do you post the spreadsheet charges?

Questions :

'I have a contract with [bANK] dated [opening date?], ( I have an approx opening date).

I am claiming a refund of money taken by [end of account? what is this date normally referenced to?}

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from March 2000 to [CLAIM DATE] of £[spreadsheet amount + interest? and or court fees?}

Additionally I presume you cannot cut and paste the sample text provided? I found it over calculated the lines by 50 and even when trimmed to 1080, still went back to the 'error' 1130 lines etc

Thanks in advance!

Mike, take a look at my thread (link in my sig, below), and just use my moneyclaim info. Just remember to change the account number, dates, and daily interest amount.

Hope this helps....

• Confused 1

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

Mike -

can you pm me the claim number,

claim amount (split into claim amount, interest, and court fees),

the name of the court filed at

and the date filed (yes, I know it's here on this thread any, but if you could pm this as well, it'd help!)

--

• 2 weeks later...

Have they settled in full Mike?

I hope you rejected their confidentiality clause?

--

Settled in full, don't bank with them any more since a year ago.

They did put the money into my 'non closed savings account' but happily transferred it to HSBC the same day when I 'queried it'.

Whole process was easy with them, DG sent the standard 50% letter, I replied no ta and then 2 days later, the full amount offer.

Ta again!

If I wanted to cross out the relevant parts I would have done. I know longer have an account with them, so I feel it would not impact me either way.

Suffice to say, I then received today in the post an app form to reopen an account with them, how odd! Reverse pr?

I assumed you had to agree to the confidentiality clause, is this not the case?

That is absoloutley not the case. Their offer of settlement shoul not have ANY terms attached to it. In my case, i sinply crossed out the bit saying I agrred to confidentiality. As you can see, they still settled.

--

WTG matey, brill

Freebird x

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

That is absoloutley not the case. Their offer of settlement shoul not have ANY terms attached to it. In my case, i sinply crossed out the bit saying I agrred to confidentiality. As you can see, they still settled.

Well, I'm glad you said that because I have seen comment on other threads of people saying that they signed the confidentiality clause, and to be fair I would have done the same...

FD current acc. - £742.44

FD joint acc. - £494.09

Preliminary letter sent: 05.07.06

LAB letter sent: 21.07.06

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks