Acknowledgement of service filed ** WON **

moneyinmypocket
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've received a notice that Natwest have filed an acknowledgement of service and intend to defend all of the claim.

What do I do now? Wait to hear what their defence is? Or is there something I should be doing to prepare myself?

Started to feel really worried that I may have to actually stand up in court as I've never done anything like this before :o

Moneyinmypocket

NatWest - £364.02 settled

Abbey - £1,686.86 settled

This is absolutely standard and nothing to worry about. You will soon receive an allocation questionnaire from the court which will determine the track that your claim is allocated to.

Just read through some of the other threads on this forum and you will get a good idea of what's to come as well as expected timescales etc...

Good Luck :)

Andy

Hi

I've received a notice that NatWest have filed an acknowledgement of service and intend to defend all of the claim.

What do I do now? Wait to hear what their defence is? Or is there something I should be doing to prepare myself?

Started to feel really worried that I may have to actually stand up in court as I've never done anything like this before :o

Moneyinmypocket

Dont worry as andy said you will recieve an allocation questionaire and a copy of their defence in due course.

Here is the link for completion of the AQ.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

I received an acknowledgement of service signed by NatWest solicitor on date 19 January. I've just spoken with the Courts service who state that they issued the claim on 12 January and they count it as being served 5 days after issue, even though Cobbetts have only signed it on 19th.

That means that 4pm today is the deadline for their defence - I haven't heard a thing from NatWest. Moneyclaim online have just said that after the deadline date, I go online and enter judgement against them. They then have 28 days to pay the claim!

I'm just going to post this on the forum to check if this is correct, but it sounds good (as it's now 4pm).

I wouldn't get too excited DaveMac. They generally leave it until the last minute to return a defence and if this is done after 3pm(ish), it will not show on MCOL until the following day.

I had the same thing happen and was gutted when I logged onto MCOL the day after the deadline only to see the status changed to "defence filed".

Andy

Good news......got home last night to find that NatWest had sent me a cheque for the full amount ;)

The letter says that it would have been too costly to defend the case in court, and because it's only £364.02 they've decided to pay. They ask that I do not disclose this payment to the media or anyone else!!!

I'm so happy today :), its made me feel more confident about taking the Abbey to court for the £1,500 they owe me!

Good luck everyone, and thanks for all your help

Leigh

NatWest - £364.02 settled

Abbey - £1,686.86 settled