• Tweets

• ok well that changes things alot. you've accepted one before by email  and now they are doing it again ..   might have shot yourself in the foot until now lets get some 1st aid done.   gonna be a pain to redact but i'm gonna need to see all the emails in/out please in ONE MULTIPAGE PDF from/inc  date of their last PAPLOC   redact them properly !! read our upload guide carefully   you may  think this is immaterial, but its not, esp important is their and your exact wording
    • OK I've looked back at my emails and it appears I've been dealing with shoosmiths since the start of 2019 when they sent a LBA that I'd totally forgot about.   I replied that I didn't recognise the debt and we got into a big letter tennis over the facts.   They then went quiet and then contacted me again in April 2020 asking for income and expenditure details to work out a payment plan with them.   After I responded with my covid comments they went quiet again.   And now they are back with another LBA and I haven't responded to that.   Hope that clears it up. 
    • you are not being consistent here....   when did you last reply to any of them using email please
    • No, they contacted me in April 2020 not long after covid had hit the UK, but before any government support was announced.   They knew I was self-employed so I responded how I thought it was disgusting that they were threatening people with legal action at a time when many people like me were loosing their income and struggling to pay basic bills and buy food.    Looking back at it the only difference this time is the Letter Before Action, to ramp up the pressure to agree to payments, I assume.
    • Brands are starting to embrace social media influencers with disabilities to target the "purple pound". View the full article
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Abbey contact details

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5118 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Does anyone have contact details for James Arrandale or another appropriate person @ Abbey?

I have today received a court date (2nd March) and want to offer Abbey one last opportunity to settle before I go about preparing my court bundle etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I have just looked at my emails to get you the email address and found this email!

Thank you for your email, and apologies for any delay in responding to you. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you with a view to settlement negotiations: my telephone number is 020 7756 4306.

Kind regards,

James

His email address is - [email protected]

Its taken about 3 weeks for him to respond though..

Good luck!!

Does anyone have contact details for James Arrandale or another appropriate person @ Abbey?

I have today received a court date (2nd March) and want to offer Abbey one last opportunity to settle before I go about preparing my court bundle etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

James Arrundale can be contacted on 02077564306

Good luck:) J

Beano:lol:

Thanks JHynes. Do you know if the e-mail for Inga Kirkman is the same format as James'? I think she may have been trying to contact me but my work filter has blocked it so I wanted to contact her.

Thanks again for all the help.

I have just tried emailing James, and set up a delivery receipt and read receipt to the email but nothing came back when i sent the email. So not sure if the email worked or not.

Do Abbey reply to emails?

They replied to mine almost immediately rachel01 - both James and Inga replied to e-mails from me yesterday so I would not give up hope.

Mind you they just directed me to their solicitors in NI so it didn't exactly require a lot of thought but they replied nonetheless.

Do you think calling them in person is better than email? and is it worth while trying to get a settlement, or better if they contact me directly when they are ready?

Do you have a contact number for them? not sure who's dealing with my case - is it just James and Inga?

The number is above as posted by fuzzgun. It is worth a try but be sure to be on your guard before you ring as they may try to bully you.

E-mail does give you the advantage of having it in writing so it is up to you in the end.

Do you think calling them in person is better than email? and is it worth while trying to get a settlement, or better if they contact me directly when they are ready?

Do you have a contact number for them? not sure who's dealing with my case - is it just James and Inga?

Sorry but dont hold your breath, I e-mailed both Inga and James 27.1.07 received a reply back from Inga, she said that she would get my file out and get straight back to me. Well I am still waiting!

Beano:lol:

I've emailed a few times and have not had any replies, wonder if they receive my emails - set a receipt on the last email but that never came back to me - maybe i should try from another email address and see if that gets a response.

i've sent the same email 5 times now and left a voicemail on Friday over the issue of the 8% interest wrongly calculated by them and have heard nothing.

I'm going to call them as the hearing is Thursday.

Abbey - Claim 1

full hearing 22 Feb 07 - Settled in full £710 :D

Abbey (Claim 2)

full hearing 22 Feb 07- Settled in full £4000 :D

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

£467 Settled in full 20 Sep :D

Capital One (claim 2)

£72 refunded 19 Aug :-D

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

Phoned Inga - she was great!

She didn't get any of my emails OR the voicemail and was glad I had called. She is calculating the extra interest now. I asked about preparation time and she felt 35 hours per claim was a little high, but was willing to offer 12 hours at £9.50 per claim, so an extra £228!

The money should clear on Thursday, but I'll just askthe Judge for a 7 day adjournment if it hasn't.

I would urge people to ring her - they can't reply to yahoo or hotmail addresses and thinks this is why mine had not reached her or James.

she was great - very amiable.

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

My hearing is due for this Thursday

I called Inga Kirkmam on 020 775 64398

I just said that I wondered if she had received the emails as the hearing was now very close (she hadn't). She was happy to agree on the phone to re-calculate the interest and I asked about preparation time. She just said she felt that 35 hours was a little high but was verbally prepared to offer 12 hours per claim at £9.50 per hour, and would email me today with the figures, put a letter in the post and make the payment to my account as soon as possible. Today if she could or in the morning if not.

She was very friendly.

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

I would urge people to ring her - they can't reply to yahoo or hotmail addresses and thinks this is why mine had not reached her or James.

If this is the case, why did James (eventually) reply to my Yahoo email address?

I think she's just making excuses!

I think its just they're snowed under with claims, and are very incompetent at answering emails/letters!