please help

frazer85
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have got £400 bank charges on my abby account for un paid direct debits they have sent me a 30day letter of default and i have not been able to find the funds to pay this i have about 10days left. what will happen if this is not paid and is there anything i can do. please help and many thanks in advance :confused::(

hi, i'm no expert but you could give them a call asking for more time. be honest as to when you can pay and how much. If you feel you can't pay the whole amount, make them an offer. just how much you offer to pay back will depend on your financial situation such as if you are on benefit.

I've just had to do something similar myself and asked the loan company to reduce my payment till my situation improves.

have a look at the debt section where it gives you more info including forms, letters you can send to debtors.

ok. but even if you are not on benefit, there are still ways of dealing with it. Make sure you have a look at the debt section on this site and you'll find that there are plenty of people in the same situation, myself included.

thanks alot for that am just wondering if there is a standard letter that i can send of to them? been on the phone to them today explain i am not happy with it etc.. they have gave me the well i will see what i can do and will call u back...... doubt they will though

If i were you, I would go HERE, scroll to the bottom and choose the letter that says 'Ask your creditors to accept pro rata offers of payment on your debt' Then just alter the letter to your situation.

I used this letter with abbey also, it seemed to do the trick. I also included a budget sheet.

Hope this helps.