style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone here can help me as im in abit of a jam

I received a letter from equita for an unpaid parking ticket on the 7th of oct i promtly paid it that afternoon and carried on with my regular business, yesterday i got a call from my mother (as my car is registered to that address and i dont live there anymore) that my car had been clamped and an order for £541 was placed through the letter box,

since i dont use that car anymore i asked around and was advised to get it towed to me address and place it on the drive way now today the baliff turned up and placed an excecution order through my mum's letter box obviously as the car was no longer there there was nothing he could do about it,

i called the baliff up and told him that there was no point of visiting my mum's house as im no longer living there and there is not one personal possetion of mine in there, he then advised me to "do the right thing" by paying up and insited i pay up and take it to court to claim my money. since im a little out of my depth here i was wondering what i could do (besides paying) to get them off my back as i paid it in full and i dont know where they get off deciding i owe them extra

Id like to thank you for any advice in advance

you said you have already paid so that should be the end of it. tell the baliff you have already paid and tell your mom not to open door to the baliff. you will need to get clamp off ur car. you could cut it off ur self or tell the baliff you want it removed, but you will be letting them know were your car is and if they think you owe them money may take it. therefore i wouldnt advise this. if you have already paid, as you said, you could threaten the baliff with legal action for illgally clamping ur car.

How did you pay, was it with a debit/credit card or cheque ? In that case it would be possible to get prove of payment. Simply saying you paid won't make the company go away. Hopefully you should have something that proves you paid.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!