Newbie needs help! 1st letter sent...

starcandy73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, well I only came across this forum today, I wish I had sooner or before i sent the first letter.

I sent the preliminary one on the 30th Jan asking for £1225 bank charges and £266.85 intrest totalling £1491.85, working the intrest out from 'This is money' website, on this forum you say not to do this...why? I'm worried now!

I had heard nothing so yesterday I called them & they said that it was under investigation and I would hear from them shortly.

Today I received a letter from 'retail banking customer relations', (Craig Patterson, Edostar) basically saying sorry for the level of service you have received from Barclays blah blah blah, we are looking into your concerns & will let you have an answer or update asap, but no later than the 6th march 2007. In the meantime if i wish to contact them call this number....

So in total the time elapsed if i don't hear from them by 6th will be over 28 days, does this mean I file for court action then?

It seems that it is best to use that as a last resort, how do you think I should play it now?

Should I call them? it sounds silly but I don't think I'd know what to say!

I sent the letter to my account holding branch, should I write another letter in response to the fob off customer relations one??

Please any advice, greatly appreciated, Thanks

Starcandy.:)

Hi everyone, well I only came across this forum today, I wish I had sooner or before i sent the first letter.this...why? I'm worried now!

I sent the preliminary one on the 30th Jan asking for £1225 bank charges and £266.85 intrest totalling £1491.85, working the intrest out from 'This is money' website, on this forum you say not to do

I had heard nothing so yesterday I called them & they said that it was under investigation and I would hear from them shortly.

Today I received a letter from 'retail banking customer relations', (Craig Patterson, Edostar) basically saying sorry for the level of service you have received from Barclays blah blah blah, we are looking into your concerns & will let you have an answer or update asap, but no later than the 6th march 2007. In the meantime if i wish to contact them call this number....

So in total the time elapsed if i don't hear from them by 6th will be over 28 days, does this mean I file for court action then?

It seems that it is best to use that as a last resort, how do you think I should play it now?

Should I call them? it sounds silly but I don't think I'd know what to say!

I sent the letter to my account holding branch, should I write another letter in response to the fob off customer relations one??

Please any advice, greatly appreciated, Thanks

Starcandy.:)

Ok I advise spending a couple of days reading the FAQS and step by step instructions both are linked in my signature. You now need to send the LBA this gives them a further 14 days to resond. Always stick to your timetable and not theirs.

Hi Livelylad, thanks, i have read the faq's and step by steps.

I will send the LBA today, just a couple of questions, sorry if i'm being dim!....

quotes from LBA:

quote"I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter" does this mean copies of my bank statements?

quote "plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX."

I worked out the intrest on 'thisismoney www' for each charge but not on overdraft intrest...not sure if I have to do that aswell or is the intrest on the charges the same?

Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record.

How would I know if this had been done?

Thanks

starcandy.

Hi Livelylad, thanks, i have read the faq's and step by steps.

I will send the LBA today, just a couple of questions, sorry if i'm being dim!....

quotes from LBA:

quote"I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter" does this mean copies of my bank statements?

This is a copy of your schedule of charges

quote "plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX."

I worked out the intrest on 'thisismoney www' for each charge but not on overdraft intrest...not sure if I have to do that aswell or is the intrest on the charges the same? You can only claim back the interest charged that is a direct result of a charge, I would advise against trying to claim this unless it amounts to a lot of money.

Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record.

How would I know if this had been done?

They should tell you are you can request a copy of your credit file from experian or equifax.

Thanks

starcandy.

Hope this helps.

Sorry I don't know if i made myself clear & being unfamiliar with the jargon, what is "A SCHEDULE OF CHARGES"???

I am presuming that it is a copy of bank statements with charges highlighted? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Sorry I don't know if i made myself clear & being unfamiliar with the jargon, what is "A SCHEDULE OF CHARGES"???

I am presuming that it is a copy of bank statements with charges highlighted? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Ok you need to enter details of your schedule of charges a spreadsheet. this will give you your interest due, a copy needs to be sent with your LBA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Thanks again, okay I included the below in the prelim letter, do you think that is okay? It has the charges dated etc, but not the reason for the charge, should I re-do it for the LBA letter or is the below sufficient?

Thanks.

SPREAD DIDN'T WORK!