madhouse5 v barclays***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Madhouse5

CONGRATULATIONS

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No, wish we were, it would cost too much for 5 kids and 2 adults. But we are paying off some debts, car needs some work done and we are going to save some as hubby is being made redundant end of next month. Boring stuff really.

Cant wait for my court date now lol.

Well done madhouse x

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

I received my cheque this morning but they paid full amount by cheque instead of paying off overdraft and sending remainder to me. So I've got to wait for cheque to clear, pay for phone call (0870 number) to pay off overdraft. Typical of barclays not to get it right, oh well got my money.

Thank you to everyone.

madhouse5:)

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't been around lately, been into hospital for operation, now recovering well.

One thing I didn't do before going into hospital was cancel court case as money hadn't cleared into my account, which I now need to do.

Has anyone got a copy of letter to send to court to cancel claim please????

The Court Manager

****** County Court

Court address

Court Postcode

[date]

Notice of Discontinuance

Dear Sir/Madam

[you] -v- The bank Plc

Claim Number: ********

I wish to inform the court that the claim as detailed above, in which I am the Claimant, has now been settled.

The Defendant paid the full amount claimed, namely £***, by way of a cheque/credit to my bank account on [date]. As such, no further action is necessary in respect of this claim.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the waste of the courts valuable time spent processing and managing this claim. I do wish to inform the court however, that the decision to enter into this litigation was not taken lightly, and that ample opportunity was given to the Defendant to resolve this matter by way of negotiation before proceeding with this claim. Regretfully, all attempts at meaningful dialogue were either rebutted or ignored.

A copy of this letter has been sent to the Defendant.

Yours faithfully

Hi Madhouse,

Here is the one I used, hope it helps.

To Plymouth County Court

Claim Number 12345678

Claimant Mr Lexander

Defendant Barclays Bank Plc

Court Date May 3rd at 10:00am

Under District Judge ***

Dear Sirs and Your Honour,

I wish to discontinue my claim against Barclays Bank Plc. After further negotiations with the Defendant, I am pleased to say that this matter has been resolved to my satisfaction without having to proceed to court.

Please convey my appreciation to District Judge *** for granting me a early court date, and I regret that I had to resort to these measure’s to obtain a satisfactory conclusion to this case.

Yours faithfully

Mr Lexander

Feel free to chop it about as you will

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...