Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Eco

Maybe you should try picnicin at bluebell wood!

I used the minzai spreadsheet and to be honest I was not to sure what the right hand side interest entries did. I mean the sheet compounds interst onto the charges automaticly anyway, and my account was/is zero overdraft except of course when they levy the extortion!

H & H

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question for you clever people if I may. If an account closed in December 2004 am I right that:

1. one calculates the interest applied to the charges up to december 2004 to reclaim? This gives interest on the charges

2. Because the account was closed in December 2004 and no more interest accrued would one then calculate contractual interest on top of the charges+interest only up to December 2004 and claim statutory thereafter at 8%?

3. Or would one claim contractual up to date of court claim even though the account closed 3 years earlier?

This isn't clear anywhere so would appreciate comments...

Many thanks

Halibunny

Hi I have a few questions...:???:

Have read through the entire thread so as not to duplicate others' questions but haven't found what I need, I'm afraid! Am using (and struggling with) Vampiress's Advanced Spreadsheet for claiming contractual rate of interest back.

1 I'm claiming from the RBOS, they have differing rates for even agreed overdrafts up to £100 free; up to £1,000 - 18.33%; £1,000 to £5,000 - 17.56 % and then unauthorised seems to have hovered around 29.8% over the past 8 years. The only interest free overdraft I've ever had is for up to £100, so do I claim the unauthorised rate throughout (29.8%)or the 17.56% % or what!? There doesn't seem to be space on the spreadsheet for accommodating differing interest rates for agreed borrowing. The bank don't seem to be able to let me know what my various agreed rates of borrowing were over the past 8 years but are checking for me. My question is how do I accommodate this information in the Spreadsheet? Do I average it or what? and if so, how?

2 With the complex spreadsheet, are you meant to use both pages? ie the 'Charge and interest' sheet and the '8%' sheet? Do you have to fill them both out? Have filled out the same information on both but I'm not sure why! In the notes section, it doesn't say to fill out only one page, nor does it say to fill out both. Sorry if this seems like a thick question to those of you who know spreadsheets inside-out, but it isn't obvious to me what to do... I thought there were entirely separate spreadsheets for those claiming only the 8% standard interest rate...

Sorry if any of the questions aren't appropriate in this thread, but I'm getting a bit confused posting stuff all over the place and trying to keep a track of who's answered what and making sure I'm in exactly the right thread!

Thank you all!!

221b

Hi

Can someone please help with my queries above posted on 16th April. I'm keen to get the info off to RBOS, but am all too aware of not making myself look stupid or ill-prepared in front of the banks by not completing the speadsheets accurately.

Am extremely grateful to Vampiress for all her work on the spreadsheets, but as a novice, i just need a little more guidance in filling them out correctly! (I've read the notes several times and unfortunately they don't answer my Qs above)

Many thanks all

221b

Just to let you all know I have again today asked for a mod/site helper to call in & help you al - I really don't have time myself at the moment & I don't think Bill is able to help as his posts are being moderated at the moment so I'm not sure he will want to either .... Hopedully a response will be along soon

Sorry I can't help myself at this time :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Chezt.

I appreciate all the help you guys give out on this site as well as your time. It's much appreciated...

A suggestion for the mods - maybe a sticky with extra guidance as to how to fill out the spreadsheets as lots of folk seem to have additional Qs that aren't answered in the guidance notes. Just an idea...

Thanks

221b

221b, personally I'd recommend that you avoid contractual interest and just claim the statutory 8% interest when you reach the court stage. Some people have been lucky and successfully claimed CI, but if your claim is likely to go over £5,000 you risk have costs awarded against you, which could be hugely expensive for you. There is no basis in law for claiming CI.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

221b, personally I'd recommend that you avoid contractual interest and just claim the statutory 8% interest when you reach the court stage. Some people have been lucky and successfully claimed CI, but if your claim is likely to go over £5,000 you risk have costs awarded against you, which could be hugely expensive for you. There is no basis in law for claiming CI.

DITTO

thats two mods opinions ,as wanted

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I hope I am permitted to express my appreciation of all the hard work that Chezt has done in this thread. I know what scary things spreadsheets can be to many people, and I hope others here will be able to help.

Thank you Caro and Janet for your input, and your implied thanks for Chezt's hard work here.

If subscribers to this thread are to claim statutory interest, they will still need help with accessing and using the simple interest spreadsheets. The help which Chezt has asked for included making these accessible, but this still doesn't seem to have been achieved.

Thank you.

Bill. :)

anyone else having trouble loading the spreadsheets at the moment? just keeps coming up with 'this page cannot be displayed'? any ideas???

Maff

I have been assured this is being dealt with - There is also another thread on this very subject at the moment (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/83624-unable-download-spreadsheets.html) - I'm really not sure what the problem is but as far as I'm aware the vamps google sheets here ... VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER

& Mindzai's sheet here (for bank accounts only NOT Credit cards) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html

Are still accessable - sorry I can't help more or update with the spready situation at the mo - hopefully a mod/site helper will be along with an answer soon.

Hope this helps for now :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

I haven't seen word from a mod/site helper etc on this but I think the spreadies on this site are now working .... I've tried a few & they are ok - Hope this helps all of you who wanted to use them? :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Here's the Vamps Chambers again too

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi,

I have posted on the Lloyds forum yesterday, but no useful replies as yet; bit surprised - and YES I Will give a donation to this group (if I win -;;;)))

There seems to be a problem with the formula on Vamp's spreadsheet (2nd down "Simple Contractual Interest"

The formula reads (I promise I did not alter the formula on Vamp's Google spreadsheet): B9=B8*/365*100 and the result is; claim = £9.1 & Interest = £7.1k.

I have used 28.9% as the Contractual Interest rate as this is what shows up on LTSB website for my type of account

Bur have to confess I am VERY VERY confused, what to claim re interest in my LBA as it is for a largish amount of £9.1k.

I do realise that I can 'try' to claim anything I like from LSTB before any final court claim and that once they have refused to pay - they will - then I can attempt to claim - Penalty Charges + Contractual Interest + Statuary 8% and then see what the judge thinks; OR I end up with just 8%, tad unfair !!

I have tried to followed BF's thread on - "Why is no one charging Contractual Interest"? - but there seems that there is no agreement to the bottom line.

If I am allowed to reclaim 'some' interest from the bank, and after all they have been using and gaining THEIR interest on my money; so it all seems only right and fair I should be able to reclaim my money, this as it is after all, it was my money.

But, what is the correct (contractual) rate to reclaim?

If I claim too high then I can back down, as the banks will do so anyway.

If I claim too low they will still try to back down?

I have today spoken to my friend - a commercial solicitor, who teaches commercial law, and she has basically said - "Interest Rates, they seem to have just made them up to suite their own purposes"; "their are no set down guidelines to this, they just getaway away with what they can"?

I am thinking along the lines of, claim high, then back down, as the bottom line is they owe you the charges anyway and at worst they will never go to court and you will get + 8%; sop why not go for the higher fee.

Bank are the modern day Mafia !!!

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Hi,

I have posted on the Lloyds forum yesterday, but no useful replies as yet; bit surprised - and YES I Will give a donation to this group (if I win -;;;)))

There seems to be a problem with the formula on Vamp's spreadsheet (2nd down "Simple Contractual Interest"

The formula reads (I promise I did not alter the formula on Vamp's Google spreadsheet): B9=B8*/365*100 and the result is; claim = £9.1 & Interest = £7.1k.

Are you sure you have entered your date in the correct format?? ie today's date would be 04/30/07

Just thought I'd check for starters?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi all,

I need some help filling in the 8% interest spreadsheet. I have filled in the penalties part and all seems fine but the interest side I have filled in the date, amount, statement date and overdraft interest free but column Q is empty it has got a formula in it but can't understand it.

Thanks

Cuddles

Chetz - Many thanks for the reply

The date was typed in correctly; I changed to 30/04/07 which it did not like back to 04/30/07 and the daily rate shows - £1,291.55.

But I think I will pass as 2 MOD's here have said do NOT claim CI as I many incur horrid costs, especially if the claim is more than £5k. So I will submit my basic claim and wait for Lloyds to tread water and then +8% SI when I file the papers.

Unless anyone else knows about CI over £5k

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Unless anyone else knows about CI over £5k

You would be just as well checking the relevant sub forum depending on which bank it is & reading what others are claiming (& more importantly winning! ;) )

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi Vampiress, I have come to this thread via a link on Westy's thread that took me to the brilliant thread started by justwon.

I would like a copy of the "Word" documents that you requested justwon to email you in November. I would ask her, but she has not posted for months. And I cannot email you as you do not provide that facility to to us mere mortals. So sorry to high jack this thread but it seemed to be the most recent one that you have started.

Could you please pm me a copy of justwon's "Word" documents relating to her outstanding win? Cheers ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR

I feel a fool this thread was started in May 2006 I thought it was May 2007 no wonder my post is on page 73!!!!!!!!

Its getting late and I'm going mad - though I would still like to see a set of justwon's word docs please.

Sorry Vampiress for any confusion I've caused. Cheers ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR

hi all,

i am trying to find out what interest barclaycard charged me so i can use the spredsheet.

could anyone tell me how to find it please?

Hi - we tend to use the current rate they charge now - if you visit their website then you should find that there ... hope that helps? :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

thanks chezt,:D

mine is the bc initial it says it is 27.9%, so would this be the one i would use? :confused:

If that is the current rate for your account then yes that's the one to use - Basically if your bank disagree with the amount you are claiming it is up to them to prove you wrong or otherwise - You only have to prove that as a lay person you have done your best with the resources you have to calculate the amount of your claim

Is this any clearer for you now? :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

hi again chezt.

that is great thank you and a fantastic help :-D

get this all posted tomorrow and wait to see.

phill.

Good luck mate - Only glad I could be of assistance! :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks