Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tarnished have you downloaded this spreadsheet

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

open it with either Open Office 2 or excel, fill in the notes section and put in your APR, scroll down to LHS bottom and hit green tab.

If you are still confused PM me and I will send you a completed one.

Yes you can send it with your LBA.

Leech

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple query. I hope someone can help.

I have filled in the complex credit card spreadsheet (England) for a claim against Barclaycard. Column K is 'penalties chargeable to interest'. I presumed at first that this must be the same as column E 'cumulative penalties charged'. This doesn't appear to be the case. What should I be putting in this column?

Thank you.

Gee

I am having trouble trying to figure out how to calculate overdraft interest, or even trying to figure out these spread sheets, what am I looking for and what am I doing?

As a side note I did not include overdraft interest in my preliminary approach letter, does this then mean that I cannot include them in the next step?

Hi there - you can amend your schedule to add them but you will have to give the bank time to re-consider your amended claim - I did this early on with some of my claims & here's what I put on my letter ....

I am in receipt of your letter dated DATEin response to my letter of DATE. I am however very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively in relation to my request for refund of charges.

While waiting for your response I have spent the time effectively, researching the issue of reclaiming charges. I now realise that I am entitled to add compound contractual interest to the whole of my claim. As I am revising my request, and in the interests of fair play, please take this letter as a fresh preliminary request for repayment.

Obviously change the wording if they haven't replied to your previous request. It really is best to do things 'by the book' to make things easier down the line should/when you end up in court

Hope this helps :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Hi C,

No, I've left the overdraft interest off - this is standard interest on having the the facility. For instance, there are a couple of months where I incur NO charges and still pay the interest on the overdraft. While it might be exorbitant, it is not a punitive or unlawful charge but one set by the Bank of England. For the amount I'm claiming (a large-ish sum) I'm including all other charges including overdraft excess fees .. which are set by the bank itself and do come under the unlawful and punitive charges.

One needs to be clear even in the first instance - From all my reading, I gather more & more that where the customer presents a wildly inaccurate figure, the banks have more scope to prevaricate. I have decided, since I'm leaving off the standard interest (not to be confused with the overall interest on the final sum for which the spreadsheet is for), to only agree to a full refund. Any attempt at offering me a partial 'good will' settlement will result in my own rejection and court action. Cheers, VM

Yes I agree BUT there will still be a portion of your authorised o/d that you would not have incurred had it not been for the charges (also u may be able to argue that you therefore would not have gone into unauth o/d had they not taken the extra from your acc previously)

The spreadsheet will calculate this for you but it will mean you have to decide on which rate to base the whole of your claim upon (Again a seperate debate entirely!)

Obviously if you feel more comfortable doing it your way then that's just fine - I just wanted to point out the reasons for claiming back the rest

Good luck :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi - Just trying to help here, if I may. Whilst this thread is really just for discussing the mechanics of the spreadsheets, I believe, I can see that the discussions over interest are difficult to avoid. I hope this will help with things - I have often posted it to help people struggling with contractual interest, but statutory is simply claimed as an alternative if one wishes:-

So, we have The charges themselves all totted up. And we have the interest which we were charged on those charges all totted up. And now we have a spreadsheet with a load of money that the bank has taken from us a while ago. So we're going to claim that back, as they have effectively "borrowed" it from us without our authority (with no authority whatsoever, as it turns out !!) We could call this "nicked" perhaps, but let's be civilized and call it unauthorised borrowing. Now that rings a bell !!

So, we NOW charge them for having had this money from us all this time, by applying interest to this money at the rate specified in our contract with them. THIS - at last - is the contractual interest we have been wittering on about. So now we add interest to each and every penalty charge, AND each and every bit of interest that was charged on that charge. AND we add it at the current rate, NOT at any older rate - WE are charging them NOW - at the rate they are currently applying.

So - now we have:

1. The original penalty charges;

2. The interest we have been charged on those penalty charges;

3. The interest that we are NOW charging the bank for taking those penalty charges from us:

4. The interest that we are NOW charging the bank for taking interest on those penalty charges from us.

And that is the sum total of our claims.

Hopefully that made sense.

Bill. :)

The wonderful world of contractual interest eh Bill! :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Simple query. I hope someone can help.

I have filled in the complex credit card spreadsheet (England) for a claim against Barclaycard. Column K is 'penalties chargeable to interest'. I presumed at first that this must be the same as column E 'cumulative penalties charged'. This doesn't appear to be the case. What should I be putting in this column?

Thank you.

Which spready are you using (ie where is it from) ?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

I used the one from the Bank Templates Library :6. Interest Calculation Spreadsheets. England complex credit card. See below. Thanks. I've spend a long time looking through threads to answer what looks like what must be a very simple question.

http://www.cag-files.co.uk/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Complex-credit-card-charges-calc.xls

Gee

I used the one from the Bank Templates Library :6. Interest Calculation Spreadsheets. England complex credit card. See below. Thanks. I've spend a long time looking through threads to answer what looks like what must be a very simple question.

http://www.cag-files.co.uk/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Complex-credit-card-charges-calc.xls

OK I now understand - the answer is nothing! you don't put anything in this colum as the spreadsheet calculates it for you once uv completed the statement balance.

Sorry I couldn't answer straight away I just needed to know which sheet u had used & I'm abit unfamiliar with this one as I use the ones in the Vamps Google Chambers :)

• Haha 1

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Heeeelp please.

Can someone download via pm if possible the spreadsheet for contractual compound interest?

Mindzai's is a total no-go, my computer wont even let me save it to disk let alone open it with excel, and vampiressess google s'sheets keep downloading with formula missing. I try to copy and paste them back in but to no avail. I'm ready to give up and just go for the statutory rate (if i have to file a court claim).

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

OK I now understand - the answer is nothing! you don't put anything in this colum as the spreadsheet calculates it for you once uv completed the statement balance.

Sorry I couldn't answer straight away I just needed to know which sheet u had used & I'm abit unfamiliar with this one as I use the ones in the Vamps Google Chambers :)

Thanks very much for your response, but I think the column that you are referring to is column N (interest on penalties) which is indeed calculated for you once something has been entered in column K. But it is column K that I have a problem with (penalties chargeable to interest) which doesn't seem to calculate anything. Sorry, but could you have another look? Thanks.

Gee

Just to Double double check then although im convinced i am 100% correct, the below are the ammounts i include in my LBA?

As i have had a reply stating they will refund the Charges but the interest can only be won over in court. (I know this applies to the 8%, but i know i have not added this yet, unless one of the below is actually the 8% and i am not aware lol.)

Penalty Charges

Compound Interest on Penalties

Bank Interest on Penalties

Interest on Bank Interest on Penalties

Just wanna cover my back...

thanks

Heeeelp please.

Can someone download via pm if possible the spreadsheet for contractual compound interest?

Mindzai's is a total no-go, my computer wont even let me save it to disk let alone open it with excel, and vampiressess google s'sheets keep downloading with formula missing. I try to copy and paste them back in but to no avail. I'm ready to give up and just go for the statutory rate (if i have to file a court claim).

I always get errors when I try n load to my 'puter too which is why I just save n amend within my google account now ... couldn't you just do this?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Thanks very much for your response, but I think the column that you are referring to is column N (interest on penalties) which is indeed calculated for you once something has been entered in column K. But it is column K that I have a problem with (penalties chargeable to interest) which doesn't seem to calculate anything. Sorry, but could you have another look? Thanks.

Nope deffo Column K .... the only ones you should edit according to the notes on the sheets are .....'Complete the turquoise boxes in columns B, C, D, G, H and I only using the details from your statements'

Do you think you could have accidently knocked out a formula somewhere?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Just to Double double check then although im convinced i am 100% correct, the below are the ammounts i include in my LBA?

As i have had a reply stating they will refund the Charges but the interest can only be won over in court. (I know this applies to the 8%, but i know i have not added this yet, unless one of the below is actually the 8% and i am not aware lol.)

Penalty Charges

Compound Interest on Penalties

Bank Interest on Penalties

Interest on Bank Interest on Penalties

Just wanna cover my back...

thanks

Does post from Bill help ...

Hi - Just trying to help here, if I may. Whilst this thread is really just for discussing the mechanics of the spreadsheets, I believe, I can see that the discussions over interest are difficult to avoid. I hope this will help with things - I have often posted it to help people struggling with contractual interest, but statutory is simply claimed as an alternative if one wishes:-

So, we have The charges themselves all totted up. And we have the interest which we were charged on those charges all totted up. And now we have a spreadsheet with a load of money that the bank has taken from us a while ago. So we're going to claim that back, as they have effectively "borrowed" it from us without our authority (with no authority whatsoever, as it turns out !!) We could call this "nicked" perhaps, but let's be civilized and call it unauthorised borrowing. Now that rings a bell !!

So, we NOW charge them for having had this money from us all this time, by applying interest to this money at the rate specified in our contract with them. THIS - at last - is the contractual interest we have been wittering on about. So now we add interest to each and every penalty charge, AND each and every bit of interest that was charged on that charge. AND we add it at the current rate, NOT at any older rate - WE are charging them NOW - at the rate they are currently applying.

So - now we have:

1. The original penalty charges;

2. The interest we have been charged on those penalty charges;

3. The interest that we are NOW charging the bank for taking those penalty charges from us:

4. The interest that we are NOW charging the bank for taking interest on those penalty charges from us.

And that is the sum total of our claims.

Hopefully that made sense.

Bill.

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

I always get errors when I try n load to my 'puter too which is why I just save n amend within my google account now ... couldn't you just do this?

Yes, that would be the easy option, but I didn't like the thought of my banking information left on a server somewhere:)

But all sorted now, have managed to get the s/s I need from another source.

Thanks for the response, it's good to know it just doesn't happen to me...the computer was just about to get one hefty kick!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Yes, that would be the easy option, but I didn't like the thought of my banking information left on a server somewhere:)

But all sorted now, have managed to get the s/s I need from another source.

Thanks for the response, it's good to know it just doesn't happen to me...the computer was just about to get one hefty kick!!!!

Don't do that you may hurt your foot! ;)

You could always leave off the bank info until just before you print it? TBH it doesn't worry me as it seems to be on a secure server and I really don't know how much anyone could do with just my bank details without passwords/addresses/pin codes etc ... although I spose these days you never know!

Glad you are sorted now anyway :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Don't do that you may hurt your foot! ;)

You could always leave off the bank info until just before you print it? TBH it doesn't worry me as it seems to be on a secure server and I really don't know how much anyone could do with just my bank details without passwords/addresses/pin codes etc ... although I spose these days you never know!

Glad you are sorted now anyway :)

Dont mind hurting my foot as long as the computer is aware I mean business:D:D

Let's just say I'm nervous about it, that T K Max thing has only deepened my fears there are a lot of naughty people out there so I dont want to give thm any ammo!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Dont mind hurting my foot as long as the computer is aware I mean business:D:D

Let's just say I'm nervous about it, that T K Max thing has only deepened my fears there are a lot of naughty people out there so I dont want to give thm any ammo!!!!

PMSL! :-D

I know what you mean! As I say for future use there's always the option to store without the account details on & only add before you print it - Good luck with your claim :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

PMSL! :-D

I know what you mean! As I say for future use there's always the option to store without the account details on & only add before you print it - Good luck with your claim :)

Cheers.

And with yours, you look as though you've got quite a few...wots wrong nothing to do all day?:D:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Cheers.

And with yours, you look as though you've got quite a few...wots wrong nothing to do all day?:D:D

Cor I wish! I'm am looking forward to the day when all my claims are cleared .... a long way to go to get there yet though ... and surely lots of fun n games along the way too! ;)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Cor I wish! I'm am looking forward to the day when all my claims are cleared .... a long way to go to get there yet though ... and surely lots of fun n games along the way too! ;)

Not to mention the meer thought of all that money you'll be rolling around in...it'll be like a pig in ****:D:D:D:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

oh Crap i remember reading that earlier. i musta forgot lol. Thanks C

PMSL ... it was on the same page too ... Just look at what all this reclaim stuff does to you eh ... frazzles the brain! :D

Not to mention the meer thought of all that money you'll be rolling around in...it'll be like a pig in ****:D:D:D:D

Most of it will actually just be reducing balances etc but I am expecting money from Abbey & RBS Bank accounts when I start on them .... dunno about rolling in it but I'll sure be a happier pig! :p

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Most of it will actually just be reducing balances etc but I am expecting money from Abbey & RBS Bank accounts when I start on them .... dunno about rolling in it but I'll sure be a happier pig! :p

Well , that's better than a kick in the teeth!!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks