• Tweets

• How does one obtain the permit? The permit team number is only open between the hours of 9am to 3pm Mon - Fri. It says on the website, To obtain an additional 2 hours, the driver must pay a tariff of £3.00 + booking fees in person at our Security Hut, is that how you get the permit also, from the security hut? What a rigmaroll that would be but maybe just another step to take to try and catch people out?
    • Anotheruser0000 bear in mind that not all Judges are equally versed in the PoFA regulations. Fortunately now most of them are but sometimes a Judge from a higher Court sits in who is well experienced  in Law but not PoFA. and so they sometimes go "offkey" because their knowledge can raise a different set of arguments and solutions. It does seem particularly unfair  when the decision is so  bad . it can also be that in some situations the motorist being a lay person is not sufficiently know ledgeable to be able to counter a Judge's decisions in a way that a barrister could.
    • The argument about the date of receipt is now dead because the PCN  does not comply with the wording  of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4.  First reason Section 9 [2] [e]  "state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper—(i)to pay the unpaid parking charges;" Second Reason Section 9 [2][a] "specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;" All your PCN does is mark the time you entered and left the car park. It does not include all the myriad things you do in between-driving into the car park, looking for a parking space-perhaps a disabled space or  parent and Child place@ getting the children or disabled person out of the car then going shopping. Coming back; loading the car with shopping [, getting the children or disabled into the car, taking the trolley back to the store; driving to the exit perhaps stopping to let vehicles/pedestrians cross in front of you etc. so subtracting the driving times from before and after parking can make quite a difference from their time to the actual period parking time. So the upshot is now that only the driver is responsible for paying the PCN and the keeper is not liable at all even if the name of the driver is never known by Nexus so well done for not appealing. You obviously want to keep it that way to make it very difficult for them to win in Court if it ever goes that far. Although your question is now moot since  the same objective has been achieved by the non compliant PCN [ie no keeper liability] just  about the only way to dispute the timing of the PCN would be if one kept the envelope and there was a discernible date stamp on it that did not match the date on the PCN. There is a new Act coming out [and it cannot come quickly enough ] and one of the things required is that parking companies will have to prove the date of sending out their PCNs. We are not the only ones who sometimes doubt the veracity of their dates particularly as the later it is sent [unlawfully] the shorter the period motorists have to benefit [?] from the reduced payment. I haven't seen it on your posts but do you know how long you are permitted to park for free?
    • I was so annoyed and frustrated about the fact this case was lost it's been floating around my head all night. Dave962, are you sure that's what the Judge said? .... It doesn't make sense. Did the judge in fact dismiss the case on the grounds that the defendant did not make an appeal within 28 days? Effectively telling the PPC about the error entering the registration number and providing proof of payment at that time? To me, that's an important point.  
    • The United Autoworkers Union took a risk in a Republican - and often anti-union - part of the US.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick one, are the spreadsheets you provide on Google under Vampyress Chambers - the same as the ones you provide in the CAG Library eg. Complex bank charges England etc??

It's just that I note there has been talk about claiming for contractural interest and the one I filled in on from the CAG library (Complex bank charges England) just asks for the interest date, interest charges, and account balance at interest date. Should I be using the Google spreadsheets instead, or is the Library fully updated?

I just need to know if I need to refill this all out again!

Thanks to Vampiress for her fabulous sheets!

Hi Vampiress,

you are a legend! I have a query on the spreadsheet I have been using in the Library (England Complex Bank charges Excel). I filled in everything as you said in your notes and in the sheet itself. It seems to automatically calculate the portion of interest charged on the penalty, given the account balance, date interest charged, date penalty charged etc. Is this right?!!

Another point - I see the talk about contractural interest - of course it's perfectly fair and logical to claim back the rate of interest at which you were charged. But what if you were charged different rates of interest at different times. Eg. the Natwest authorised borrowing rate for 2006 (so far) is 29.6% annually (2.19%/month) and the authorised borrowing rate for 2006 is something like 16.9%. The rates of course have gone up over the 6 years, so are differing rates.

Can I assume that by filling in the Excel spreadsheet in the library taking into account I've inputted the correct information - penalty charged, date charged, interest charged, date interest charged, account balance at interest date - that this automatically calculates the correct interest?

Does that make sense?

Thanks, just want to make sure that I am claiming for as near to the amount

I have actually been charged as possible.

i.e. over the last 6 years Natwest has charged me £3,172.00 in penalties and the spreadsheet has calculated that the interest charged on penalties is £987.74.

The actual full amount of the interest I was charged by Natwest over the 6 years was £1,578.56. So £590.82 was paid in 'legitimate' interest and £987.74 was paid in unlawful interest.

Does this sound right to everyone, as I am about to send my Prelim letter.

Thanks all.

Just a quick one, are the spreadsheets you provide on Google under Vampyress Chambers - the same as the ones you provide in the CAG Library eg. Complex bank charges England etc??
Yes, they are basically the same, although there are some updates, such as displaying the daily rate etc. You also have a choice to use a spreadsheet for other scenarios that you may prefer, such as compounding the interest. There are also more spreadsheets available for people who are claiming in Scotland.

[

Hi Vampiress,

you are a legend!

Thanks.:)
I have a query on the spreadsheet I have been using in the Library (England Complex Bank charges Excel). I filled in everything as you said in your notes and in the sheet itself. It seems to automatically calculate the portion of interest charged on the penalty, given the account balance, date interest charged, date penalty charged etc. Is this right?!!
It is a good estimate. Others have gone on to calculate this more accurately. I wanted to keep these as simple as possible, and if the bank wish to recalculate, it's up to you and your bank to negotiate this figure. Remember to be reasonable. Remember also that the banks in court must defend their costs before defending any interest on them.
Another point - I see the talk about contractural interest - of course it's perfectly fair and logical to claim back the rate of interest at which you were charged. But what if you were charged different rates of interest at different times. Eg. the NatWest authorised borrowing rate for 2006 (so far) is 29.6% annually (2.19%/month) and the authorised borrowing rate for 2006 is something like 16.9%. The rates of course have gone up over the 6 years, so are differing rates.
Again, an estimate. Feel free to produce something more accurate and research your historic rates from your own bank account. Remember that you may have switched from one type of account to another within that time period, each type of account carrying different rates. Again, I wanted to keep it simple.
Can I assume that by filling in the Excel spreadsheet in the library taking into account I've inputted the correct information - penalty charged, date charged, interest charged, date interest charged, account balance at interest date - that this automatically calculates the correct interest?
I qualified at maths to A' level standard, and have studied and worked as an accountant for the last 15 years. The theory and the maths have been checked by others. I'm confident the spreadsheets are correct, but am always open to criticism. Keeping a balance between simplicity for everyone, and accuracy, is a judgement call. Others may wish to calculate their interest differently.
Does that make sense?
Absolutely. It's good to have chance to explain these things and to be called to answer occasionally. I know the spreadsheets have helped many, and hope they continue to do so.
Thanks, just want to make sure that I am claiming for as near to the amount I have actually been charged as possible.
It states in the small claim pack to over-estimate your claim if you are not sure. The judge and defendant can barter you down, but you will find it difficult to increase your claim if you've under-estimated.
i.e. over the last 6 years Natwest has charged me £3,172.00 in penalties and the spreadsheet has calculated that the interest charged on penalties is £987.74.

The actual full amount of the interest I was charged by Natwest over the 6 years was £1,578.56. So £590.82 was paid in 'legitimate' interest and £987.74 was paid in unlawful interest.

Does this sound right to everyone, as I am about to send my Prelim letter.

That sounds fine, although maybe a little low if you've had a lot of charges. Without seeing the whole picture, you can't really judge the accuracy of the figures given in questions such as these. You appear to have grasped the concepts well, and am sure you will do fine.

Good luck.:)

[

Is it possible to alter the spreadsheets to allow for the entry of charges older than six years with the date they actually occured instead of a bulk amount?

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.

Thanks Vampiress. So in other words - the one I have been using in the library, will correctly calculate the amount of interest I have paid on the penalty charges (as long as I input the correct amounts of course). So £987.74 interest sounds right for £3,172.00 worth of penalties? I am about to send it out so I don't want to make any obvious errors!

Thanks.

The spreadsheet doesn't need any alteration.

Am I missing something? I have had a look at the advanced Bank charges sheet and when I enter an pre 2001 date I get "#N/A did not find value 01/01/2001" in the interest column.

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.

Am I missing something? I have had a look at the advanced Bank charges sheet and when I enter an pre 2001 date I get "#N/A did not find value 01/01/2001" in the interest column.
If you are using the Google spreadsheets you need to enter dates in American format as stated in the Chambers. Some formulae will also not work until you have completed a few entries.

Let me know if this doesn't work please.

[

i have just filed out the spreadsheet ready for court the tota charges came out at £2303.50 when this was entered on the p column the 8% interest was all over the shop they ranged from 10.88 to over £200 the total with the interest was over £9000 this is surelly incorect :confused: :confused:

i have just filed out the spreadsheet ready for court the tota charges came out at £2303.50 when this was entered on the p column the 8% interest was all over the shop they ranged from 10.88 to over £200 the total with the interest was over £9000 this is surelly incorect :confused: :confused:
Which spreadsheet please?

[

vampiress have they altered the spreadsheet lately as the spreadsheet i have used is different to ones on here i have the one with a the writing on the left and you side shift the screen and put all you bank account details at top and then fil out the charges below this hope this is not getting to u

vampiress have they altered the spreadsheet lately as the spreadsheet i have used is different to ones on here i have the one with a the writing on the left and you side shift the screen and put all you bank account details at top and then fil out the charges below this hope this is not getting to u
Getting to me? C'mon I love a challenge. Lol.

The spreadsheets have been updated yes. I'm sending you a PM.:)

[

Hi

am new to threads - have been sat here ages:roll: HRS!:???:

i need help with the English simple version spread shet - its the days colum i'm struggling with - do i get all my calenders out since 2000 to calculate the time since the charge was made e.g 31/03/2003 is 1289 days?? or is there an easier way:confused: Would appreciate your advice. Thank you thank you thank you:)

Hi

am new to threads - have been sat here ages:roll: HRS!:???:

i need help with the English simple version spread shet - its the days colum i'm struggling with - do i get all my calenders out since 2000 to calculate the time since the charge was made e.g 31/03/2003 is 1289 days?? or is there an easier way:confused: Would appreciate your advice. Thank you thank you thank you:)

There was a formula in the days cell which calculated it automatically. If you have deleted it, you need to get it back in by copying it from a new template.

[

Hello

I have just joined the action group. Can anyone help me with a copy of the draft letters that I need to send to Lloyds TSB. I have been screwed by the bank for far too long. In the past 6 months, they have charged me +£350.00 in bank charges. My brother told me about this from listening to the radio, hence this is my first attempt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks