Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone tell me ? when you fill in the spreadsheet do you include the interest charged for going overdrawn that month i.e. £10.79 as well as the overdraft charges and other charges

Which spreadsheet? If it's the simple one then it's up to you. You should only be claiming the interest that has been applied to the penalty charges. My more complicated spreadsheet will give you an estimate of the amount and has detailed notes on the subject.

Please email [email protected] for updated spreadsheets and the Works versions if necessary.

[

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi this is just a quick note ( i should maybe of listened in maths a bit more) but anyway i sent of my LBA and i never heard anything from Halifax so as from the 17 July 2006 i have to send in my N1 Claim form to the court - my question is as long as my working out looks like i have tried to work out any interest on my charges, not talking about the 8% just the intial charges i.e £39.00 DD failed etc. as long as you have worked out the interest to the best of your ablity would the court kind of like hold that against you, if you see what i mean. i know that the 8% for the claim form is correct but i think i may have have put too much interest on the charges - what do you think????

Many thanks

Libby

Libby,

The bank will not defend. All they will do is offer you less. So long as they pay you at least the charges and the 8% I would accept an offer.

What can the court do? Ask the bank to recalculate your figures? Using the spreadsheet is a general estimate anyway. It is always the arguement that is stronger than the calculation where the interest is concerned, unless of course, you have the time and knowledge to calculate an accurate figure.

Good luck.

[

hi guys'n'gals,this is probably going to sound really daft, but i'll go for it anyway, do the spreadsheets for calculating interest only work if you have WORD ,i have tried to use them but i can't copy ,delete things or whatever with it,i only had the free trial version and don't really want to fork out any money(stingy git..lol) if anyone has any ideas of another way i'd be greatful,PLEASE HELP A TIGHT WAD........ LOL, thanks guys:?

B.of.IRELAND-FINAL RESPONSE RECEIVED(NO OFFER)CLAIM BEING FILED

Capital one-offer received for £240(not even half claim)CLAIM BEING FILED

Barclaycard-offer received for £430(not accepted)CLAIM BEING FILED

hi guys'n'gals,this is probably going to sound really daft, but i'll go for it anyway, do the spreadsheets for calculating interest only work if you have WORD ,i have tried to use them but i can't copy ,delete things or whatever with it,i only had the free trial version and don't really want to fork out any money(stingy git..lol) if anyone has any ideas of another way i'd be greatful,PLEASE HELP A TIGHT WAD........ LOL, thanks guys:?

The download template appears to have gone a little skew. Email me at [email protected] and I'll get an updated copy to you. Let me know if you prefer Excel or Works.

• Confused 1

[

The download template appears to have gone a little skew. Email me at [email protected] and I'll get an updated copy to you. Let me know if you prefer Excel or Works.

THANKS A LOT,I WILL SEE IF I CAN WORK THIS ONE,I HAVE A FEELING IT MAY BE MY DAFTNESS THAT IS STOPPING THE SPREADSHEET FROM WORKING ,LOL,CHEERS ,I KEEP YOU UPDATED

B.of.IRELAND-FINAL RESPONSE RECEIVED(NO OFFER)CLAIM BEING FILED

Capital one-offer received for £240(not even half claim)CLAIM BEING FILED

Barclaycard-offer received for £430(not accepted)CLAIM BEING FILED

If you've only got Word, not Excel or Works, then it won't work on your computer without obtaining extra software.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

If you've only got Word, not Excel or Works, then it won't work on your computer without obtaining extra software.

Unless you use ThinkFree - an online spreadsheet program. The basic Excel template works quite well with this site.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi,

I am filing my claim tomorrow and need help with the spreadsheet.

I have entered all my transactions into the s/sheet and am happy with the figures. However, between the two worksheets (charges and Interest) and (8% interest), there are 6 total boxes to choose from.

I am not sure which one to use for the interest part of my claim.

At the head of the '8% interest' page, there is

1. Penalty Charged total

2. 8% on penalties total

3. Interest on penalties total

4. 8% on interest on penalties total

And do I total all these to arrive at my overall claim value?

Confused as to which totals to use in my claim.......urgent help please....I will sit up all night but would rather not!

Can't seem to find the answer in other posts? or perhaps I am just thick!!

Mission accepted!!

All comments are my personal opinion or based on experience I claim no legal expertise!

At the top of the Charges & Interest sheet are two yellow boxes - these are the total charges and the total interest on charges that make up you claim.

On the 8% Interest sheet the amount to claim for s69 interest is yellow totals headed '8% on...' - add these two together and use that figure. Also, type in the date that you are filing the court papers in place of the date in the Todays Date box at the top of that sheet - this will freeze the calculation to that date, so when you look at it in a week's time it will still have the figure on your claim form.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Also, type in the date that you are filing the court papers in place of the date in the Todays Date box at the top of that sheet - this will freeze the calculation to that date, so when you look at it in a week's time it will still have the figure on your claim form.

Good thinking Batman.

You should change the date back to today's date when they pay though, as this is what they will then owe you, and settle for the new figure.

Also, if you wish to claim the contractual rate instead of the 8%, replace that too.

[

:confused: Good grief, what am I missing here,

This is what I have at the top of my spreadsheet, (8% interest page)

PENALTY CHARGED

8% ON PENALTIES

INTEREST ON PENALTIES

8% ON INTEREST ON PENALTIES

the first two are just carried forward from first page?! so I am guessing the 2 totals you are referring to is the 76.07 and 12.04 being the interest I am claiming under sec69 and the 1715 + 184.19 .........lost??? tired.........skint.......going senile..........:?

Mission accepted!!

All comments are my personal opinion or based on experience I claim no legal expertise!

Hi Again,

Had a coffee and re-think....here goes.

I add

PENALTY CHARGED

to

INTEREST ON PENALTIES

forming the basis of my NETT claim.

then add

8% ON PENALTIES

to

8% ON INTEREST ON PENALTIES

forming the interest part of my claim..........have I got it......twigged.......penny dropped?

Mission accepted!!

Could I respectfully suggest you modify this sheet to include the totals in their separate cells with a note for each one? ie. This is your main claim figure. and this is the 8% portion figure.

!!Noddies guide!!

Or am I the only one confused by this?

Duuuhhhhhhhhhh

Mission accepted!!

Vampiress,

As your the spreadsheet wizard among us can I please ask you to create another one for credit cards? Your spreadsheet is ideal for Bank accounts where the interest and charges are paid off monthly.

If a charge is applied to a credit cardit it attracts interest at the companies monthly rate of interest, However, owing to the way they actually apply payments to the account that charge is one of the last to get paid. So unless the account is paid IN FULL every month it continues to accumulate compounded interest.

A spread sheet which allows entry of charges , dates, and the card companies monthly interest rate would be useful for calculating this compounded interest.

I have actually had this confirmed by Mr Gareth Tunnicliffe (legal advocate) at MBNA. He admitted that several charges applied during 2000 could actually have compounded sufficiently over the last 6 years for the interest to be worth more than the accumulated charges.

I am about to make a claim to MBNA for £950 of charges applied over 6 years and compounded interest add £1090 in interest, should be interesting to see what happens.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Tamadus,

I will look into this further. I am in the process of trying to do the spreadsheets for Scotland as their interest is claimed in a diffrent way. The credit cards is next on my list. It really is just a case of adapting the one already created.

I actually have a free weekend this weekend so am making spreadsheets a priority.

Anyone fancy writing my letter to my bank manager at Natwest?:D

[

Could I respectfully suggest you modify this sheet to include the totals in their separate cells with a note for each one? ie. This is your main claim figure. and this is the 8% portion figure.

!!Noddies guide!!

Or am I the only one confused by this?

Duuuhhhhhhhhhh

See above thread. A big spreadsheet tidy up for me this weekend.

I never realised they'd be so popular and useful when I did the first one.

[

Hi Vamps hope you dont mind Ive emailed you asking for a copy of the most recent overdraft interest template.

Thanks for the continued support - youre the best!!

I have produced a spreadsheet in excel which calculates compound interest on fees for credit cards. It work well and accurately but needs a bit of care to make sure the data is entered correctly.

Alliance & Leicester MBNA Credit Card

Data Protection Act letter sent 3 July 2006.

Incomplete list of charges received 12 August 2006

Requested repayment of charges 10 November 2006

LBA sent 24 November 2006

Estimated £4650 in fines and interest.

Barclaycard

Incomplete statements sent 9 July 2006

Requested repayment of charges 14 August 2006

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Estimated £468 in fines and interest.

Initiated claim at MCOL 20 September 2006

Claiming £615.47 including fines & interest, s69 interest and costs

Claim acknowledged 10 October 2006

Defence filed 20 October 2006

Settled in full £640 total. 14 December 2006

Vodafone

Requested Default Notice removed 10 July 2006

Received letter agreeing to request 10 August 2006

I have produced a spreadsheet in excel which calculates compound interest on fees for credit cards. It work well and accurately but needs a bit of care to make sure the data is entered correctly.

Hi, excellent. Any chance you can send it to me? We are compiling a complete set of spreadsheets including ones for Scotland etc. Your donation would be much appreciated.:D

[

Yeah sure. should I e-mail it to you?

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

Ok just e-mailed it to you.

Barclaycard

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Vodafone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks