Silverstar vs. Natwest

Silverstar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I received my copy of Cobbetts Allocation Questionnaire this morning, and in the Other Information box they have written:

"Case management directions cannot be proposed until the Claimant serves a Reply to the Request for Further Information which was due on 7 February 2007. In light of this, the Defendent may amend its Defence or apply to strike out".

I originally received a Part 18 request with a copy of Natwest's defence and my own Allocation Questionnaire. I replied to Cobbetts with the standard "I'm not answering this" letter, along with copies of my schedule of charges and all interest I was claiming etc. I also forwarded a copy of this to the court along with a letter stating that I believed it to be intimidatory tactics, as suggested on this forum.

Have I done the right thing? I used standard template letters originally, so I'm sure all the information Cobbetts needed was in them originally, and they've had multiple copies of my schedule of charges. Should I just ride it out and wait for a court date, or would people suggest I pull togehter some more info and send it to Cobbetts? And if so, what?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi folks,

I received my copy of Cobbetts Allocation Questionnaire this morning, and in the Other Information box they have written:

"Case management directions cannot be proposed until the Claimant serves a Reply to the Request for Further Information which was due on 7 February 2007. In light of this, the Defendent may amend its Defence or apply to strike out".

I originally received a Part 18 request with a copy of NatWest's defence and my own Allocation Questionnaire. I replied to Cobbetts with the standard "I'm not answering this" letter, along with copies of my schedule of charges and all interest I was claiming etc. I also forwarded a copy of this to the court along with a letter stating that I believed it to be intimidatory tactics, as suggested on this forum.

Have I done the right thing? I used standard template letters originally, so I'm sure all the information Cobbetts needed was in them originally, and they've had multiple copies of my schedule of charges. Should I just ride it out and wait for a court date, or would people suggest I pull togehter some more info and send it to Cobbetts? And if so, what?

Thanks for any advice.

Yes you have done the right thing, this tactic is employed by Cobblers. I would just wait for court directions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, just received my court date, which is 26th March. What's the next step? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Natwest will give in in the next week or so, but I'd like to be prepared just in case they decide to take this one to court, which, no doubt, knowing my luck, they will.

Thanks

Silverstar,

Next step will be the court will contact you and allocate your case into small claims , fast or multi- track . Depending on the size of your claim. So sit tight and your possibly on the home stretch now. Don.t for get the banks have not defended their charges once in a courtroom yet. :rolleyes: If you don't hear anything in a week or so. Give the court a ring it might help your nerves . Good Luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

just as a matter of interest silverstar are you in the Cardiff County Court?

:)I am not an expert at this, any advice i give is from reading posts on this site, its all in here somewhere :)

:) If i have helped please click the scales:)

NatWest Settled 16th february 2007----£3902.67 All charges, costs and s.69 interest

MBNA- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 25th March 2007

MBNA missed deadline, LBA for SAR sent 8th May 2007

CCA request sent 8th May 2007

Silverstar,

Next step will be the court will contact you and allocate your case into small claims , fast or multi- track . Depending on the size of your claim. So sit tight and your possibly on the home stretch now. Don.t for get the banks have not defended their charges once in a courtroom yet. :rolleyes: If you don't hear anything in a week or so. Give the court a ring it might help your nerves . Good Luck.

Hi Parkvale,

I've already been allocated to the Small Claims Court. That was part of the information in the letter I received today. I'm guessing the next thing I need to do is prepare my court bundle and send it all off? Looks a bit scary - really hope I get it right.

Hi silverstar

Before you do your court bundle phone Cobbs for an update. My bundle had to be in by 14h Feb and x 3 copies it was 300 pages of photocopying. I duly sent it off and today received full payment. However, the cheque was written on 9th Feb a full 5 days before it had to be in. If I had known I could have saved a small forest !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the cash!!!!!!!!!

:D :D:D:D:D:D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Silverstar,

Congratulations, another win for us and another lose for them, Well done. action-smiley-033.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.