Esporta Gym...3 months to cancel membership?

t.stance
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jonybravo,

I read your posts and was wondering as to who you sent the email regarding cancellation. If possible would you let me have Esporta's email address and give me an outline as to what you wrote to them.

I am in a process of cancelling my membership with Esporta but note that they are asking for a 3 month cancellation period which i beleive is really 'unfair.':(

I would really appreciate if you could help me out.

Regards

Jasmin

Hi Jashas,

Don't speak to them on the phone but write to Esporta and keep copies of all letters.

Don't be intimidated by them and point out that there appear to be growing concerns about the unenforceability of their alleged contract terms which are being reported and investigated. :)

Stick to your guns, tell them you are giving them 30 days notice, and then pay them no more.

When did you sign the "contract".

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Gilesy,

If that works, great.

However, the alleged debt could still be sold on so don't be surprised if this rears it's ugly head again at some time.

In particular, don't ignore the threat, or the taking, of court action. :cool:

Edited by slick132
typo

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 1 month later...

Hi, found this link on oft site and states amongst other things that 3 months notice is excessive, ie at end of 12 months u have to give 3 months notice. I am having problems as in another thread posted, I only joined for 6 months and lost job etc, see thread.

link to view

The Office of Fair Trading: Esporta Health & Fitness Club

hope it helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all who have problems with Esporta Gym.

This thread has been hijacked countless times - it will help if you start your own thread for your case against Esporta Gym or any other gym.

Use the General Consumer Issues forum here using the New Thread button.

Please also contact Trading Standards to complain about them as this will help with the bigger picture and maybe force them into changing their questionable practices.