Quick CCA question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, sorry if this is a dup post...

Anyway I've been wading through the info re CCA request and was intrigued when I noticed how I ignorant I was of such a brilliant little law!

What I want to know is, if it can be used to get DCA's off your back, can it be used to get banks off your back?

Say for example a current account. I sign an application form but did the bank sign it? I honestly cannot remember. Or would this not matter as they send out card and pin etc...

These come with a signed letter.

Tell me if I'm talking rubbish...

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Tricky area, ive asked around and can't find the answer.

So im stuck on this one my self.

I think it may depend on what year you signed the current account agreement before or after the Data Protection act.

Also any overdraft doesnt need an agreement ,as it can be madeover the phone. However the overdraft sits in the account that may or may not be covered.

I wanted some clarification that the overdraft agreement and status of the current account were 2 different issues.

surely one is permission to open an account in your name and process your data and 1 is to terms of borrowing.

I had no ideal each time i agreed an overdraft faciliity i may have been renewing my current account agreement?? or wasn't i?

Strange as mine was authroised for extention of 6 months andi never even requested it!

Ive wanted to know if my bank have to provide the agreement for the account which holds my Overdraft and was signed in 1995

As they have not given me one under my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), and i have an overdraft that i know they are going to kick up a fuss about.

Theres alot of information in this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/33174-consumer-credit-act-agreements.html

but still holds no answers for my problems?

Good Luck

The link you posted is the last thread I looked at. I must admit I had been at the com some time and I only got as far as page four!

Will look again tomorrow. I wouldn't of thought it was possible to get off this easily.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

The thread has grown to long and sadly its hard to stay focused and to take from it what is the bottom line information, as when you come across something that you think solves your question you must not stop reading as it changes again later as more details are uncovered and so it follows on. So you must read the whole thread, Which is extremely time consuming.:eek:

Its an excellent thread but will take you ages to read with no gaurantee you will get the piece of advice you are looking for.

At the end of the day you may benefit from reading back wards, as it has its own evolution going on:D

Thanks I'll take than on board. I just can't believe a debt could be wiped out that easily?