Need some info

mc123uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first time posting here.

I have a little problem with the NHS; around 5 months ago I had an operation to remove my gynecomastia, the operation went well I guess but all this time later the scars are still VERY prominent and have not reduced in size (they have in fact grown), I also experience pain in the area of the scarring, very bad cases of eczema around the scar tissue. I was only in hospital for roughly 6 hours (from admission to discharge), and had only a single appointment with the consultant post-op; as well as only two visits from a community nurse, one to remove the drains (which were improperly fitted) and the other to change the dressings. Basically I'm on here to find out if I have any basis for a possible case against the NHS due to the heavy scarring and negative effects I'm experiencing now, and if so who do I contact concerning all of this?

I would suggest your first step would be to telephone your consultants secretary and request an appointment with your consultant to discuss your concerns, make it clear that you are unhappy with the result and see what they have to say. Also see your GP and ask them to have a look.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

If your ethnic origin is African/Hiospanic you may be suffering from keloid scars (look it up on google).

When you do go bk to the consultant, take a dictaphone and independant witness (not only as evidence if you do have a case, but more so you can listen again at a later date and try to understand anything you may not have originally grasped).