Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi again   Yes, it's been a lovely day weather wise.   Guess you've better things to do with weather like today than help with this problem, so thanks very much for your input, it's very much appreciated.   Late this afternoon I did receive a reply from the tenants, and they are asking me to go 50/50 with getting the garden sorted, not only that, as they have moved away they are expecting me to get the quotes.   Regarding you view on this issue, its so easy not to see the whole picture and my thoughts that the staining damp may be of their own doing didn't occur to me as I was so locked into the historical leak. Taking a closer look at the room in question today, I'm convinced that they are trying it on with the stained mattress- they did mail through a picture and then a receipt for supposedly the mattress. My wife and I then took both the pic and receipt to the bedding store where purchase was made to ask if the two married up, the picture does not show any emblems/manufactures logo or such to prove that this is the case, so we are none the wiser- our thoughts being that the stained mattress is from elsewhere.   A few days back I spoke to our letting agent regarding all of this, as was quite correctly mentioned there are two parts to this equation, namely the mattress and then the property.   Our agents mentioned to me that as an inventory was not carried out initially with the let, (hindsight) the pictures that were used to advertise the property could not be used as evidence to present to the TDS to be compared to the pictures now as there is no proof that the advertising pictures were in fact how the property was when the let started. I mentioned that all digital pictures have a means of finding when that pic was taken- Geo tag/Metadata- agent was quite surprised by this. The agents thoughts then went for a hide in a vacuum-   This is going off at a tangent here-many moons ago my wife studied computer science at a local University, one of her classmates who she is still in touch with is now a practising Solicitor. My wife suggested that maybe I give her a call, a bit rude I guess, but I did  phone and with the pleasantries out the way  I asked for her opinion of the best way to get this sorted. Her remit isn't landlord type stuff, however she will speak to a colleague on Monday and come back to me.   The property is due to be relet on the 21st, we will ensure that the new tenants move in to a home that is immaculate and welcoming, trouble is its getting a tadge close to get the garden issues sorted in time.   I know that all this will get closure in the end, but at the moment I've had more fun with a toothpick-   Again, many thanks.
    • The collection is currently stored at curator James Blower's home, but he has now found a space situated in an old bank premises where he hopes to exhibit them from this autumn or early next year. View the full article
    • In a letter sent to customers in the past few days, the bank has said that 'following a review', rates on two mainstream instant access accounts will be slashed to 0.05 per cent from August 12. View the full article
    • Thank you dx. Understood not to send for another CCA. I've had a read through note #2, my first time seeing anything like this. Thank you for bearing with my questions! When ticking box D, "I dispute this debt because"..recommended reason as advised from your thread, what reason should I use? (The truth is I do owe some money from way back, it was originally 5K, interest saw it go up to 11K (so unfair), and I paid 2K get it down to £9k (as currently owed)) in my eyes, I only owe £3K.  Id rather not pay anything as my ex-wife (who wasn't in her name) spent it! When ticking box I, "I have requested by way of a cca request the signed agreement from the debt purchaser [CC is attached to this reply form]" who is this, would this be Arrow? When I've filled in the PAP reply form, i'll send it off first thing Monday morning.  What happens then, I just wait, what happens if it goes past 12 days with the CCA, or 30 days with these documents? Many thanks  
    • Good Evening Guys and Dolls, yesterday received this email from Shoosmiths with these attachments unfortunately the court bundle is 24mb but contains statements, letters, telephone logs ...etc.  There is their bill which is ridiculous and unjustified as I responded to them in all sincerity for help and an offer thereafter that they came at me with all guns blazing. Obviously I have to go to court and defend myself which I'm very capable of and won't fold under pressure just because a dick in a suit thinks he's important and wants me to respect him. I will obviously be respectful to the judge but believe me I will give the beaks a tough time.   What do I do with this lot? Encl8 edited.pdf NOCwebbpdf-V1 edited.pdf Signedcostsschedule-V1 edited.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Help Please


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am currently helping my parents to claim charges from abbey. They sent off the first letter, with a charges schedule, and they have replied saying that they will investigate the complaint, but it could take up to four weeks. I realise that this is a delay tactic. What I want to know is, should they still send the LBA after the normal 14 days, or wait until Abbey replies again, with a standard sod-off letter which could be 4 week??

 

Any Help much appreciated.

 

Andy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

It's important that you stick to the timing outlined on this site. I've had the same letter from Abbey then received another 3 within 7 days all saying the same thing....it seems that the left hand really doesn't know what the right hand is doing!! ;)

 

Wait the 14 days then send the LBA. They don't seem to be settling before Court action so the quicker you get to that stage the quicker you'll get your money back....hopefully!!! I'm at MCOL stage now just need to hit the button later tonight to get things moving again.

 

Hope this helps & good luck.

 

Villafan

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...